X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An open letter to the chancellor of the exchequer

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE CHANCELLOR OF THE EXCHEQUER

Dear Mr. Darling,

Please find below my suggestion for fixing Britain's economy. Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan :

There are about 20 million people over 50 in the work force. - Pay them £1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Twenty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new British CAR. ;Twenty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

4) They must send their kids to school / college /university - Crime rate fixed

5) Buy £50 of alcohol / tobacco a week there's your money back in duty / tax etc

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back there falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances.

thats a good one that mate

Comment

Going to send that one to my local MP
      see what response it gets.
      As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,
      but P*****g everyone off is a piece of cake.

Comment

There is only one flaw, the 20 million over 50 have the most skills to keep the country afloat.

Comment

Also, 20 trillion pounds is alot of money to come by!!!

Comment

It has just been released that David Blunkett has claimed expenses for a motorbike, a hang glider and a pair of binoculars.
            If all about you are catching fish, cast in their swim !!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigh View Post
              It has just been released that David Blunkett has claimed expenses for a motorbike, a hang glider and a pair of binoculars.

You know I wouldn't be surprised!
              "And I looked, and behold'a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was death, and hell followed with hi, and power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword and with hunger, and with the beasts of the earth"

Comment

Well, I e-mailed my local MP Fraser Kemp with the recomendations.
                Today I received a letter from the house of commons.

"Dear Mr Haley,
                Thank you for your e-mail and I will consider your suggestions.

Yours Sincerely
                Fraser Kemp."

Wish I could scan it and post it on the site for you all to see.
                As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,
                but P*****g everyone off is a piece of cake.

Comment

Working...
                X