typically american!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• typically american!!

This is the transcript of the ACTUAL radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995.

Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95.

Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED By THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, I SAY AGAIN, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH, OR COUNTERMEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

This conversation was overheard on the VHF Guard (emergency) frequency 1215 MHz

while flying from Europe to Dubai . It's too good not to pass along

The conversation went like this...

Iranian Air Defense Radar: 'Unknown aircraft, you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.'
    Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.'
    Air Defense Radar: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace, we will launch interceptor aircraft!'
    Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter. Send 'em up, I'll wait!'
    Air Defense Radar: (no response ... total silence)

sless

Comment

Working...
    X