why do we do it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do we do it

Just a light hearted thread to start the year off with. Have you ever thought why we nearly always put pictures of our latest catch up for all to see, after all they all look the same I mean a 4lb cod looks like a 4lb cod always has done. A little bigger than a 3lber and a little smaller than a 5lber and that's the only difference. So if someone catches a 10lb cod then any picture of a 10lb cod would do because it would be exactly the same. Some don't have blond hair or moustaches or blue eyes. They all look exactly the same. Is it that we think that people won't believe we caught it without photo evidence ? surely not, integrity is our middle name. If my mate said he caught a 15lber , I would believe him , I wouldn't need a pic. Bragging then? no I won't buy that one . How many times have we said that the biggest fish got off? now if we were bragging we would say that the smallest fish got off, wouldn't we? It's a phenomenon that maybe someone can work out "why do we do it"
    •Secretary not permanent fixture until screwed on top of desk
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    :man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day

PB COD 22LB (BOAT) Grafter h'pool
    LING 21LB (BOAT) Esmeralda h'pool
    CONGER 30LB (BOAT) IOM
    THORNBACK RAY 13LB (BOAT) ULLAPOOL
    COD 12LB PIER(middleton)
    CARP 30LB CANADA
    PIKE 25LB SCOTLAND

They don't always look the same..Some have different colours and patterns etc and I think it's simply because people like to see pictures, Personally for me I like to keep pictures of all my decent or rare catches and my daughter likes to see what I catch too.

Comment

exactly Outkast76 and I like to look back and remember good times and great memories
      KOMPRESSOR SPORT
      PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
      PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
      OKUMA TRIO 55
      YUKI RUBYMAR
      RON THOMPSON TYRON
      SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

I take picture to prove to my wife that I actually caught something.......

Comment

some people get a buzz from a good catch, and like to share that with other's who weren't there to see it.
          other's just sit in the house and knock it...!

Comment

Originally posted by Davey1970 View Post
            some people get a buzz from a good catch, and like to share that with other's who weren't there to see it.
            other's just sit in the house and knock it...!
            and theres plenty of "others" davey maybe not so much on here(nesa that is)
            AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by lingking View Post
              and theres plenty of "others" davey maybe not so much on here(nesa that is)
              aye aye lingking you ok m8,
              it's been a while.

Comment

I like to look at the pics too, but sometimes I ask myself why as I've seen them many times before. I guess you are all right and we will keep on taking them because that's what we do and it doesn't do any harm. It is nice to look back at happy times. So keep them coming.
                Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

CONGER 30LB (BOAT) IOM
                COD 12LB PIER(middleton)
                CARP 30LB CANADA
                PIKE 25LB SCOTLAND

Comment

well a goal,is a goal {football}.there all the same,but there all the same,end up in back of net.but we LIKE to view them.sorry, please keep your ANY photos posted,we enjoy whats being caught atm,up to date information.

Comment

10 pounders never look the same to a codmasters eye lad?all biguns look differentto me a bet if you got one youd sharp hoy a pic on here of it pmsl keep the pics coming lads a may put some of mine on now atb plum
                    did eeerrrr ya snap it off like?thats a shame teeeheeeeheeeheeee and take your rubbish home and dont be a meth

Comment

I think it's because we do so much planning and preparation that we like to show others that it's not all in vain and that our endeavour has been rewarded.
                      ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
                      Okuma trio Rex
                      Aerlex 7000xsa
                      Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

like it.

Originally posted by lead chucker View Post
                        I think it's because we do so much planning and preparation that we like to show others that it's not all in vain and that our endeavour has been rewarded.
                        .very good reply,imho.

Comment

I suppose it's the enjoyment of a personal achievement and we share them with like minded people who give us praise for a great catch which makes us feel good. Yes, if I caught a 10lber I probably would take a pic just like I did when I caught a 22lber.it's a trophy I guess, something that makes us proud. But I still think they all look very similar if not exactly the same but to the one who caught it , that's his baby. and why not?

CONGER 30LB (BOAT) IOM
                          COD 12LB PIER(middleton)
                          CARP 30LB CANADA
                          PIKE 25LB SCOTLAND

Comment

Working...
                          X