Scottish Surfcasting Association 26/8/07 casting day . Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Surfcasting Association 26/8/07 casting day . Results

Yesterday saw the latest casting day at Wigtown. Despite only a small turnout a good day was had by all.
    Weather conditions were mainly good in the morning with sun and a light down court breeze this changed in the afternoon with it becoming overcast with a variable breeze mainly across court .
    Paul Johnstone started the day on the 200g and set a new Scottish record of 238-0-9 with his first cast , this wasnt to last long as his next cast produced a superb 251-0-7 pb . He also passed the 1000yard mark for 4 leads with casts of 252-2-4 (125g) 253-1-8 (150g) 246-0-3 (175g)and 251-0-7 (200g) . Well done Paul.
    There were also pb's for new caster Paul Stewart with a 194-0-0 (175g) OTG at only his second event and Bert Moore set a pb on the 150g with his first 200 yarder on this lead with a 200-2-10 . well done to both .
    It was nice to see Billy " Sickbag" Russell back on the oche after an 11 month layoff ( you just have to keep those big ones in court mate !!!!!! ).
    Many thanks to Paul for the BBQ and to Rab for the demonstration of XTR javalin throwing .

Full Results .

Paul Johnstone 253-1-8
    Billy Russell 248-1-3
    Bob Collins 235-0-10
    Rab O'Neill 218-2-0
    Bert Moore 210-2-10
    Paul Stewart 194-0-0 Pb

If I've got anything wrong let me know lads and I'll put it right .
    Bob

NORTH EAST SURFCASTING ASSOCIATION

Well done Paul, another good result.

Now then... the 'Big Danny' next June 28/29, we need to get a Scotland team together. 4 in the team, 3 results count (team of 3 is acceptable if low interest); who's interested and willing to make the trip to Belgium? If enough interest we need some sort of 'qualifier' to determine who's in.

If we can get ourselves organised early enough I will seek some funding through the SFSA as this will be a full International. It wont be a lot though so expect to dip deep into your pockets!

More info can be found here>>>> http://www.surfcasting.be/

HT
    Last edited by Haggis_Tosser; 28-08-2007, 06:07 PM.
    ~~Level 2 Sea Angling Coach~~
    The Internet Sea Fishing Magazine
    www.planetseafishing.com

Comment

scotts digging deep into there pockets more chance of me doing that ask bazz
      did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

i can vouch for that his pockets are deeper than a clowns

Comment

Originally posted by john/r View Post
          scotts digging deep into there pockets more chance of me doing that ask bazz
          Ahh, long pockets; short arms.
          ~~Level 2 Sea Angling Coach~~
          The Internet Sea Fishing Magazine
          www.planetseafishing.com

Comment

where,s KEEGY

Comment

hi oldchukka sent you a pm
              did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Working...
              X