SSA casting results from sunday 23rd april

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSA casting results from sunday 23rd april

Wigtown was the venue for the april event the day was bright and sunny but it had rained heavy the night before and certain areas of the field liked to bog people down .the court was set up in a no wind condition then an hour later a breeze started right to left so the court had to be moved , after the move the event got underway and for some people it was a very good day the results are as follows

P johnstone 241-2-7\"
    P ingham 228-2-8\"
    Bob Collins 225-2-8\"
    Rob O,Neill 223-0-9\"
    Bert Moore 198-1-8\"
    Richie Comer 182-1-0\"
    Paul Stevenson 155-2-6\" PB
    Andrew Knotts 145-1-11\"
    Kyle Knotts 81-0-11\"PB
    Caitlin Knotts 36-1-5\"

J Stevenson NCR
    Hugh Newton ??? no card
    John Raffan ???? no card
    hugh and john if you got a measure let me know and I will add it to the results .

congratulations to Kyle Knotts he started off with a PB of 66-0-0\" then he later upped it to 81-0-11\"PB
    good casting there Kyle .

Also we had a new face at the event Paul Stevenson who had a new PB of 155-2-6\" well done Paul or should we say REDNECK
    We also had Peter Thain giving flycasting demonstrations and advice and tuition and another guest appearance from Billy Russel who lobbed one down the field with his bad back around 259 not bad for a glass back .let me know when you get back from holyhead billy
    as usual if I have got anything wrong let me know and I will alter it

[Edited on 23/4/2006 by purglaspete]

Well done to all that took part,especially Kyle
    Nice one Paul/Fishfinder ,soon be hitting 250 yards with a pendulum cast
    Cheers Alan...

Comment

not sure where the redneck comes from lol did he catch the sun?

good result Paul for a first outing,youve got me beat by a hundred yards or so

some good distances in there and new PBs well done Kyle as well

looking forward to seeing Paul in the top 3
      cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

Took me all day to hit that bri Absolutely crackin day anyone who fancies a trip up do it youll get a good day out in good company with good advice.
        thoroughly enjoyed it cheers lads ..lookin forward to the next one

Redneck

Comment

well done paul what style did you get the big cast with

looks like i need to practice before kyle whips my butt

cheers to all for fly casting tips felt much better towards the end of the day

got the car clean yet PJ

cheers to peter thain for tying on the kids kite that went up some way didn\'t it

and yes they have allready asked \"DAD WHEN CAN WE FLY THE KITE LIKE THAT AGAIN\"

i\'ve got a reel that will take approx 550 yds of 0.28 but a bit wary we will see

[Edited on 24/4/2006 by tack4]
          its the taking part that counts

COME ON YOU BLUES

Comment

Enjoyed the day andrew got 155 with the brighton, peter filled the spool up with .31 and it done the trick.
            Well done to kyle on beating his pb twice in one day

Comment

Hello Paul how is yore neck today ,yep it was a good day its still sunny and dry over here but a lot more windier than yesterday in fact I might even go for a cast tomorrow after the ferry has gone .

Comment

Necks still red peter
                Im just about to go to work 12hr nights so enjoy your session mate.
                Will have a new pb at the next one with a little practice hopefully

Comment

that wind has brought the clouds and its lashing it down now ,mindyou I dont need to water the lawn now so I,m still on a winner

Comment

Wouldn\'t like to try getting out that field in the wet peter was hard enough after a days sunshine
                    Will obtain some strong rope and shackles from work in case anyone decides to gets muddy in future
                    There again I had a look on the jersey angling site and theres a canny device made with a bit pole and bungee rope that could possibly cast the cars out the field :P

Comment

aye and some numptymade one

oh yeah that would be me
                      its the taking part that counts

COME ON YOU BLUES

Comment

I must admit andrew I was almost tempted,dunno what the uk record is for fiesta casting tho.

Comment

think the heavier model the 1.7, 16v is 190meters, or is that the focus.
                          made in s.w. scotland.
                          06/01/1964.

Comment

is that the correct spelling or should it be fu#us cos thats what it did to me pushing it the first time

Comment

is it not push pull pete, think thats what you told me.???.
                              made in s.w. scotland.
                              06/01/1964.

Comment

Working...
                              X