Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWSA Results 16.07.06

NWSA Sunday 16.07.06

As forecast the day started with a light variable breeze from the South East reaching 5 mph along with the heat wave reaching 30 degrees C. I think most of us were melting before lunchtime arrived, but, with a 180 degree shift in the wind to the North West, a change in court direction was made, now with the sea breeze it felt a little better, but still gallons of liquid were being consumed!

The PB’s are still coming and this time two of them came from the juniors and newcomer Jack Naylor, 8 yrs old, managed 50 yds on his first visit. Kyle Powell, 9 yrs old, upped his PB to 74 yds. Great casting from the young ones. Marcus Hammill upped his PB to 219 yds…a sign of things to come methinks.

A welcome return was made to Norman Stevens, John Ward and Bruce Marlborough who came over from the North East to snatch some glory… while Richard David from Dorset called in to sample the NWSA delights.

On a lighter note.
    I almost disqualified all of the casters apart from the juniors, and myself, that is, as I had a lot of barracking while at the oche. This led to much amusement at my expense …I have since had second thoughts on this and I have decided to let the results stand!!!!...

But any more of this behaviour and I shall have to go to Spain with the club funds!

Well done all.

Len

P. Thain 273-0-3
    J. Houldsworth 253-0-3
    J. Ward 252-0-6
    A. Varley 250-2-9
    L. Williams 243-2-10
    W. Powell 237-0-3
    D. Hammill 233-2-8
    P. Ingham 230-0-7
    C. Blackburn 221-1-0
    S. Little 221-0-1
    M. Hammill 219-2-2 PB
    N. Stevens 218-2-6
    J. Brimblecombe 216-0-2
    D. Moreton 215-2-0
    H. Varley 213-1-0
    R. David 213-0-8
    H. Newton 203-1-8
    J. Foy 199-2-10
    P. Clatworthy 199-1-2
    N. Rawlinson 190-0-11
    J. Walker 182-2-0
    C. Hughes 173-0-3
    Kyle Powell Jnr 74-2-0 PB
    Jack Naylor Jnr 50-0-0 PB

B.Marlborough NCR
    T.Wrigley NCR
    A Costello NCR
    Len

hi len some good casts with poor conditions never seen john ward for ages is he making a come back john
    did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

I hope so...he cast very well in poor conditions......that\'ll be another place lost!! hehehe..

Len

Comment

hi len, have you checked your pm, may come over soon i believe martin is fancying an event i,m told i can give him some gear,seems like the north east is getting back into it eh, next baz, stevie swinhoe are you ready for it cu johnps is there an event back end of march
        did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Working...
        X