• abu 6500 c3 ct mag tuning

hi guys am tuning my abu 6500 mag with a centre mag and ceramic bearings
    jw if the reel will be realy fast ?
    or has any one done this ?
    WEAPONS
    cono flex highlander
    abu 6500 c3 ct mag tuned
    Daiwa slosh 20

Dont centre mag it they dont go as far as a mono mag i got told it causes a vacum against the bearings. And a reel will run as fast as you like but for it to be done right so you can use it is different. All depends what type of ceramics you put in plus what oil you use if any. How balanced your cage spindal and spool is all sorts. But dont just go out and buy a set of ceramics and a mag plate and expect it to run fast or even give you any distance.

Comment

Originally posted by big phil 123 View Post
      Dont centre mag it they dont go as far as a mono mag i got told it causes a vacum against the bearings. And a reel will run as fast as you like but for it to be done right so you can use it is different. All depends what type of ceramics you put in plus what oil you use if any. How balanced your cage spindal and spool is all sorts. But dont just go out and buy a set of ceramics and a mag plate and expect it to run fast or even give you any distance.
      cheers and i know about last bit pal just wanted to know what i should do to it
      WEAPONS
      cono flex highlander
      abu 6500 c3 ct mag tuned
      Daiwa slosh 20

Comment

Depends how you cast mate abec 5 bearings are a good starter little bit off yellow rocket oil a mag conversion only gives you distance if you loosen it during the flight of the lead mate

Comment

centre mags bearings having an effect on bearings,my fav set up is centre mag set up mainly because the knob dos,nt stick out as far and it dosnt come out when winding magnets off.

i hav converted quite a few reels centre mags and are imo just as good as mono mag if not better for reason above.

although centre mag knob the magnet or magnets inside side plate are offset same as mono mag.

ceramic bearings when i have been doing a bit lead hoying been using dry hybrid ceramics in all my reels no probs at all but i have been using multipliers all my life ,but in my opion most people prefer stainless bearings with oil in.

maybe if i chucked further the dry ceramics may be too loose for me i dont realy know.
          did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Working...
          X