Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casting distances?

Just interested to know some opinions.

How far would you expect to cast with a 9ft spinning rod, fixed spool reel and 2oz lure?

Also 11ft pier rod, fixed spool reel and 3/4oz lead?

Be good to know if I'm getting decent distances.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

now theres a question and a half .....this if u can reach the fish u r doing ok kayos . to many variations to be able to produce and answer for u
    Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
    Kompressor SS /slosh30
    tt sport /525 mag

Comment

can't comment on the spinning gear but if I had to use a primitive set up like 11' rod, fixed spool and 4oz lead then I would think 80yds would be canny going

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
        can't comment on the spinning gear but if I had to use a primitive set up like 11' rod, fixed spool and 4oz lead then I would think 80yds would be canny going
        Ah OK thanks mate, I'm crap at estimating yardage, but if I had to guess, I would say I get 60 or 70 yards.

Primitive set up...........Ouch!
        2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
          Ah OK thanks mate, I'm crap at estimating yardage, but if I had to guess, I would say I get 60 or 70 yards.

Have a cast of one on a football field if you have one local, That will give you a good idea of how far you can cast it

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post

Loads of different factors there like casting style, line diameter, the way the reels loaded, weather, etc etc, but in general 70yrd is canny I would of thought

Comment

Working...
            X