Where to practise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to practise?

I am going to start practising my casting in the faint hope of going to some of the meets in the summer.

The first question is where is good to practise in Sunderland?
    I used to practise at Hendon, but it seems canny shaggy now which is the last thing you want!

Also is there anywhere to practise over land to stop the line getting wet?
    I've had spool slip in the past, and if I convert my mag elites to field reels I'd rather they didn't get wet (I think).

Thanks for any advice!
    "My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it." - Koos Brandt

Just been down Seaham Hall beach.
    Found it really busy and still lost lead!
    "My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it." - Koos Brandt

Comment

Im sure i heard of a quarry in sunderland where people practice casting
      Maybe someone from sunderland will know better?

Comment

Maybe a bit out of your way but I practice at Horden beach, good ground aside from the middle part of the beach "Tommy's Rock" in particular and parts of "The flight" can be a bit snaggy.

I dont bother with the fields - too many idiot chavs about telling me I wont catch anything there...and so on
        Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
        CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

aye hordens a canny place to practice if u go at low low tide u and no ones there u can just cast parallel to the beach (provided its safe to do so ...) and get measuring too. i recommend gps odometer its free and pretty handy .
          Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
          Kompressor SS /slosh30
          tt sport /525 mag

Comment

Whenever i used to practice i would always just use a old abu elite with all the brake blocks in, just cast over water, whitburn beach is flat and depending where you cast you wont lose anything, when practicing i always concentrated on the feeling, you will no what i mean, when you compress the rod and the reel screams, then you can use your field reels on the field
            Many a true word is said in jest!

Comment

Working...
            X