flat pend /xcast or similar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flat pend /xcast or similar

hi heard this said on other site that these flatter casts more so the xcast relies on biggish fellas to power thro. i also read peter thains cast although looks as if it comes round flatter relies not so much on how big you are but the speed of the lead flying around off inswing very good and clever ,we have some very good casters on here with very good technique but what do you think about this have i got it right it would be great to hear what peter has to say i might be wrong or read things wrong
    did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

you usualy do john joking aside ive seen small lads casting flat pendulum aswell as big lads it always comes down to timing and technique the smoother you are the better the cast thats why im useless

Comment

hi bazz small guys using flat pendulum and xcast you know them but i dont ,which small guys does flat and xcast
      john

Comment

The X cast is a modified pendulum and has been used to great effect by both Lee Andrews and Scott Selby , the two top Australian casters.

It requires a fair degree on power from the caster but has the benefit of being easier to time than a traditional high swing pendulum.

Have you got a copy of Keith Whites casting video ? he describes some of the benefit from this style etc.

If you want a copy I will be bringing up some for the comp on the 23rd.

If you are looking for a casting style to use from the beach have a look at the standard off the ground which is quite capable of reaching 200+ meters and is the basis for all other types of power casting.

qoute from another forum aussie actualy

Comment

theres quite a few sun lads use x cast for fishing tom p, to name one.and ive seen a lot use flat pen when fishing its not solely for tournament casting ie with timing on both casts not so critical ideal for fishing even better when the winds blowing its tits off.

Comment

hi bazz, tom pwho is he, i use flat pendlem for fishing its great effortless goes long way and consistant. on the field higher pen goes best for me ,x cast and flat pend diff casts as far as i am concerned flat pendulem i still swing lead on inswing to me wereas xcast as it says swings leadlead accros tip ie 90 degee my flat pend dos,nt
            john

Comment

casting

hi im new 2 the forum live down south currantly avin pendulum lessons of a s.dawber he can get a lead a long way he is from the north as any 1 herd of him up there apparently he was also a good match fisherman tight-lines ROCK-ROVER

Comment

hi rock rover, welcome to the site. the name doesen't ring a bell but when you get to my age its difficult to remember your own name im sure one of the lads on site will know him. once again welcome to the site take what you read with a pinch of salt we like to wind people up,but not in a bad way the last to weeks has been my turn to get some stick ps and john
                Last edited by BAZZ B; 29-07-2007, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Hi rock rover , that would be simon i assume, have,nt seen him for a bit
                  but he was at nwsa last year. good lad
                  North East Surfcasting Association

http://www.sakuma.co.uk/

http://akiosfishingtackle.com/

http://www.reelbearings.co.uk/

Zziplex

UKSF & WFSA Affiliated Surfcasting club
                  http://www.wfsa.org.uk/

http://www.gerrysfishing.com/

http://www.facebook.com/groups/125046534195681/

Comment

Originally posted by rock-rover View Post
                    hi im new 2 the forum live down south currantly avin pendulum lessons of a s.dawber he can get a lead a long way he is from the north as any 1 herd of him up there apparently he was also a good match fisherman tight-lines ROCK-ROVER
                    never seen him do more than 230yds
                    swaps his rods to much but is a very good match angler but now has a boat

Comment

hi ya rock rover if you want any sensible crack i,m your man m8 i talk a load of crap cant cast but can talk the talk , if you want to no how to fall on your a--e at the ochoe ask bazz hes the expert professional mind you not sure if he was trying to dig lead out of ground

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDAVE View Post
                        never seen him do more than 230yds
                        swaps his rods to much but is a very good match angler but now has a boat
                        only 50yds past me

Comment

castin

hi will yes it is simon any message 4 him big-dave he has recently brought his boat down goin out with him in the near future and fishin low water comp with him in a couple of wks any message 4 him tight-lines ROCK-ROVER

Comment

it OK i talk with him now and then and get loads of E/mail from him
                            watch him fish in the match he was a very good match angler and a good lad
                            to learn the ropes from he is all ways dealing in good tackle which can be handy
                            good luck with the casting leasons

Comment

Hi Dave and Will, cheers for the compliments. Out fishing on the boat this weekend competing in the Herne Bay Bass Championships. then its time to get back to starting match fishing again ready for the winter. myself and Neil Stonley have organised a SAMF individual league staring on the 8th of September in Blackpool. I do get back to the NW evey other weekend and i will try to make the NWSA when i'm up there.

Comment

Working...
                              X