X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pound for pound caster

hi contarary to belief i no nowt about casting but
    in my opion pt is my best pound for pound caster who is yours
    did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

pound for pound john i'd have to say andy green not a picking on him but look at his distances [awesome ] very similar to gary ramsden

Comment

baz, you are right. never seen or heard of anybody that compares to andy green pound for pound. when i saw him cast o.t.g, it was pure exhibition stuff

Comment

Originally posted by oldchukka View Post
        baz, you are right. never seen or heard of anybody that compares to andy green pound for pound. when i saw him cast o.t.g, it was pure exhibition stuff
        paul kerry reel up a hieght as well

Comment

Originally posted by john/r View Post
          paul kerry reel up a hieght as well
          ANDY GREEN FOR ME,ESPECIALLY ON A WINDY DAY, GREAT TECHNIQUE AND MEGA HEIGHT, PLUS COULD PLACE IT EITHER SIDE OF COURTIN SIDEWINDS, PAUL IS GOOD BUT GREENIES 2 STONE+ LIGHTER.

Comment

hi was going to start this thread off before but thought it could lead to big disagreements which i dont want so i may ask to take this off but i could,nt resist putting it on, it is a hard thread on account of rods reels people change.but here we go.
            andy green has done over 300yds but did he not use mainly 125lead ???
            paul kerry lightning fast like green plus used all wieghts. plus when at his prime i dont think he the rods like today lightening recovery
            niel kelland first to cast over 300yds 175 lead

Comment

i've changed me mind? bazz followed closely by blanchie.theyve both lost a bit kite-age lol
              i forgot to put jase willicombe or wont he combe in there too! fantastic caster.

Comment

definately pt for me as he has many records casts all wieghts plugs, fly gear, heavy leads ,fixed spools you name it hes done it

followed very closey obviosly not neccesary in order bazz /blanchie/martin/

there was summit on eurosport years ago but it was for boxing sugar ray leanard came out tops but this is a bit diff

Comment

Hi John, How far did Sugar Ray cast?

Comment

at the end of the day there is no body weight classes
                    so they have to cast to beat Danny and as he hold the records
                    his track record say he is the best and there is no one out there to push him
                    we have not seen the best from Danny and untill some one gets within a meter of him we never will ...

Comment

hi ian funny buggar lol hows your casting doing have you been using the reel much
                      john

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDAVE View Post
                        at the end of the day there is no body weight classes
                        so they have to cast to beat Danny and as he hold the records
                        his track record say he is the best and there is no one out there to push him
                        we have not seen the best from Danny and untill some one gets within a meter of him we never will ...
                        nevertheless dave , the subject is pound for pound and not the best all round [no pun intended] caster. as well as john r. i have researchd this subject on "my fish" it states, andy green casting with 0.35 line doing 299? when he weighed 11 stone.
                        it would be interesting if there was a category to cover my standard of arthritic, diabetic, geriatric, fat little, rustic barsteward

Comment

hi old chukka what about me scitsafrentic with paranoia with suicidle tendancies
                          john

Comment

no thats you john lol

Comment

Working...
                            X