First go with the reel down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First go with the reel down.

Alright lads. This is my first post in here.

I've been wanting to cast with the reel down for a while now cos I don't hit very far with it up. So after buying a 525 supermag today I went up the local football pitches with the 525 my komp SS and a few 6oz leads.

First cast I put the mag on full and got about 3/4 of the length of a pitch. I stayed for about an hour and towards the end I had the mag fully off and was clearing the pitch by plus the length to the penalty spot. The sorter way mind not almost 2 pitches. Ha ha.

Can anyone give me a rough idea how far I was casting? I'm thinking about going up again with my mk1 TT sport cos it's much lighter and I can bend it more.

I'm only 5'7 and about 12 stone so I'm never going to be able to hit silly distance like some lads do but casting further will hopefully help me get more fish so any help would be great.

Thanks

Andy
    All the gear, no idea.

first go with the reel down

football pitches should be no shorter than 100 and no longer than 130 yards. so that a cracking effort for a first go.

Comment

I'm buying a c curve and in gonna do exactly the same, try my reel in the low position and with a 525 mag ha
      Century Eliminator T900
      Century Eliminator T800
      Century Tip Tornado Sport
      Shimano Technium MGS XS-B x 2
      Penn Spin Fisher 7500LC x 2

Comment

get yourself some casting lessons its not all about your height and weight but more about a good smooth technique.

Comment

Originally posted by endurothumpers View Post
          get yourself some casting lessons its not all about your height and weight but more about a good smooth technique.
          Very true, I used to cast with a lad down at Steyning who was about 5'6" and 10 stone wet through and he was a regular 220 - 230 metre chucker, more on a good day
          CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm going to get casting lessons later in the year. I'm trying to get a head start.

What sort of percentage would I lose with bait on?
            All the gear, no idea.

Comment

12 stone your joking mate about15stone fatty
              KOMPRESSOR SPORT
              PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
              PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
              OKUMA TRIO 55
              YUKI RUBYMAR
              RON THOMPSON TYRON
              SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Originally posted by toonboymc View Post
                12 stone your joking mate about15stone fatty
                Cheeky pregnant fish. 15 with me box on me back. Ha ha.
                All the gear, no idea.

Comment

must be a canny football field all the ones in my area are just mud no chance to practice.
                  good result on ya first attempt with the reel down m8
                  consett warlord retired

Comment

hes got some mates at the S.O.L.practices there.hehehe.

Comment

The pitches are up on a hill so they drain off quite well. Me lead was still about 5-6 inches in the ground though.

Reg I wish I had mates there. I might have got a final ticket ticket.
                      All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Some football pitches are as small as 70yds long.go on google earth and see if the pitch lines are shown And then use measure facility to get an accurate distance. By the way andy green is 10st wetvthru so it really isnt about size. Its about application of power at the correct point..as said casting advice lessons would help u more than any change of rod or reelor reel positining

Comment

low down reel

Casting lessons are a must ,ive got so many permanent bad habits through trying to teach my self i cant get rid of them if id had lessons in first place wouldnt have em see arc on nesa best casting instructor about local anyway

Comment

Originally posted by mark chip View Post
                            Casting lessons are a must ,ive got so many permanent bad habits through trying to teach my self i cant get rid of them if id had lessons in first place wouldnt have em see arc on nesa best casting instructor about local anyway
                            bet i have more bad habits than you chip. p thain gives casting lessons as well i believe just up northumberland and these will be second to none lessons .

arc does get raving reviews so must be very good also .
                            did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Working...
                            X