No announcement yet.

Backcasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Stores. I always forget, your left handed, but cast as a right hander, is that correct? Oh and by the way, the reels will be in the post tomorrow (Saturday). I hope you're pleased with Pete's work on the handles.

Comment

I've never been able to work out why folks have problems with casting a scarboro. If you are left handed you want to pull in using your left hand......so the handles are on the left side.......which means you use the index finger of your right hand as the brake when casting out.......it just happens to be the side with no handles on. It means you have to get used to casting in a way foreign to your "handedness" but considerably more agreeable to putting your fingers in direct combat to your handles.

Thanks Steve for your help. They might get here for Xmas but looking at the weather they might not.....not your fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Stores View Post
        I've never been able to work out why folks have problems with casting a scarboro. If you are left handed you want to pull in using your left hand......so the handles are on the left side.......which means you use the index finger of your right hand as the brake when casting out.......it just happens to be the side with no handles on. It means you have to get used to casting in a way foreign to your "handedness" but considerably more agreeable to putting your fingers in direct combat to your handles.

Thanks Steve for your help. They might get here for Xmas but looking at the weather they might not.....not your fault.
        What kind of distance could you achieve? As a kid I saw guys hoying them out and it seemed like a long way.

Comment

I reckon with a following wind and a worm bait, maybe 100 yards. With a big crab bait, casting into the teeth of a gale maybe 40 lol

Comment

back caster

I think the old oxblood ttr is a good back casting tool. U can get a good one for 150 second hand

Comment

Working...
            X