you can not buy distance , you can now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you can not buy distance , you can now

the old saying you can not buy distance which i firmly believed in for a long time as been blown out of the water imho ,you CAN buy distance now , with the long continental rods fix spools and braid, is helping people get massive distance with baits on , obviously the diamater of braid is much thinner than mono , and when attached to a fix spool the sinker goes like a crackoff compared to a multiplier not much weight to tow behind it , no revolving spool , a good style will still obviously help but buying distance is there now .what do you think lads

Still need a good stiff rod in the rough stuff, braid doesn't seem to like too stiff.
    ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
    Okuma trio Rex
    Aerlex 7000xsa
    Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

def buy distance I watched a lad with a horrible technique but a bait miles with a expensive fixed spool on a clean beach or fishing over mixed ground onto clean the longer softer rods with braid is a long way past mono

Comment

Bloody fishing, back to the dooly reels again lol
        Last edited by lead chucker; 18-03-2014, 09:51 PM.
        ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
        Okuma trio Rex
        Aerlex 7000xsa
        Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Originally posted by Topcast View Post
          def buy distance I watched a lad with a horrible technique but a bait miles with a expensive fixed spool on a clean beach or fishing over mixed ground onto clean the longer softer rods with braid is a long way past mono
          You must have been watching apples,the harbour lads adopt that casting style short drop and very quick.

Comment

quite a few are thinking about braid on account of it casts well been so thin.

problem with it there is no stretch and can tear hook from fishes mouth easily unless you use a soft rod to cushion the fighting fish but most of us here tend to use heavier rods than people down south who fish clean beaches.

most people know the coarse anglers who use roach poles with elastic for this reason.

wth f/spools apparently braid leaders are a must to avoid crack offs there again very harsh when casting try pendulum casting heavy leads on stiff rods very diff to multipliers.

i do use braid on f/spools and multipliers but not blinkered by braid it has its uses but so does mono.

with braid for me i ask myself how is it going to stand up to abrasion fishing heavy ground with it does it not get worn out quick the good stuff certainly aint cheap.
            did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

I tried fixed spool with braid and I didnt like it at I can see the benefits in it extra distance ect but the abrasion is a definite problem with the ground that I fish I wouldnt really trust it on cliffs (although many lads fish well with it) and then you have hook pulls ect to take into account fair enuff if you are putting a small bait into the horizon every little bit helps but for me im happy with daiwa tournament line. saltist 30. and tip tornado sport

Comment

Useing a fixed spool makes fishing boreing for me cant get away with it

Comment

I like my diawa sl20sh multi with braid n it is alot stronger than mono like diawa senser 30lb i used to get snagged and snap off alot.Now i very rearly snap off n have to fill my spool again n again

Comment

original thread is right in a way about buying distance as if you have the cash you can pay for casting lessons which would be a great asset and also able to go round the casting circuit difff venues around the country so yes in a way you can buy distance.

Comment

Does any1 no how much lessons would be?

Comment

Peter thain charges about £20-25 per hr. he had me hitting further in half that time top man!!;-)

Comment

Originally posted by bigfella View Post
                          Does any1 no how much lessons would be?
                          prices can vary m8 p thain has a page on facebook you could contact him on there this is the person i would choose but thats me .
                          another guy on here arc is supposed to be very good on learning great reports about him and i am not sure if jay lee gives lessons

p thain northuumberland i think
                          arc and jay lee hartleepool area

dont know of any newcastle or sunderland way maybe someone else may know of some.

Comment

Cheers pal

Comment

Originally posted by john/r View Post
                              prices can vary m8 p thain has a page on facebook you could contact him on there this is the person i would choose but thats me .
                              another guy on here arc is supposed to be very good on learning great reports about him and i am not sure if jay lee gives lessons

p thain northuumberland i think
                              arc and jay lee hartleepool area

dont know of any newcastle or sunderland way maybe someone else may know of some.
                              Tommy kitson he's at murton but always down the hall beach top bomber.

Comment

Working...
                              X