pre compressing a rod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre compressing a rod?

link to a video. is this what this gent is doing ? . fast forward to 5.04 to 5.11 of the video

observed similar but in reverse (left to right etc at ) at 15.37-15.49

16th World Championships Long Casting belgium 2013 - YouTube
    Last edited by codcatcher3000; 09-04-2014, 10:04 PM.
    Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
    Kompressor SS /slosh30
    tt sport /525 mag

no just think he is showing of look at me me lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by cod magnet View Post
      no just think he is showing of look at me me lmfao
      Didn't no you had a passport cod or were you on the baccy run.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Scratches all over his rod, rule no 1 never your rod on the ground tut tut
          ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
          Okuma trio Rex
          Aerlex 7000xsa
          Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Looked ropey as hell to me; maybe head down to Kirkleatham and give it a go, see how far it gets (if anyone can get up off the floor from laughing to give an independent measure )
            CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

if theres two pepes doin it then there must be summit innit. these guys are casting at world level so maybe the laughing might be coming out of there mouth, and yes imo that would pre compress the rod without taking loads of rod on........

Comment

might do that for a laugh on my rt but not on my centurys , i wonder if the shockleader suffers from abrasion and weakness from a cast like that....actually noticed a few more casters doing it in the video... as stephie1 said it is the world casting champs so must do summit for the cast...
                Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
                Kompressor SS /slosh30
                tt sport /525 mag

Comment

Originally posted by beachbuddy View Post
                  Didn't no you had a passport cod or were you on the baccy run.
                  Pmsl haha

Comment

It maybe looks odd but it works !!
                    Its a very popular method with the South American casters and has done distances approaching 300yds . I believe the guys in the video were part of the silver medal winning Argentinian team .
                    Bob

NORTH EAST SURFCASTING ASSOCIATION

Comment

Im sure one of the south americans has cast 300+ using this style of cast using red century ttr with few inchs off tip removed ,might of even been using fixed spool too

Comment

go one further on this one why does it work.no expert myself but whats ones own opion on why this works as i think most would agree its unsual.
                        did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Originally posted by john/r View Post
                          go one further on this one why does it work.no expert myself but whats ones own opion on why this works as i think most would agree its unsual.
                          very unusual and as for pre compressing the rod thats rubbish , he bends the tip a couple of times , then the tip goes back to the original position , all so you could get you shock leader wrap round the tip more easily dong that and BANG , all ways check your leader is running free and not round the tip EVERY CAST

Comment

I believe it works because hes using his body weight to transfer power to the cast hes moving forward and at the hit is using both arms and body to hit the rod .
                            Some people will always copy others and take it as "this is how it should be done " but in competitive casting ( and this is what this video shows) sometimes "thinking outside the box" can make a difference . If it works for you use it, and if it doesnt keep searching for those extra yards .
                            Bob

NORTH EAST SURFCASTING ASSOCIATION

Comment

there is also a vid clip which i have watched somewere with a person doing the backcast as the person on vid posted.

yes bob unorthadox methods sometimes do work better.
                              did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Working...
                              X