Centre Mgging a 6500CT-Mag ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centre Mgging a 6500CT-Mag ?

Is it worth taking out the original slide mag & replacing it with a pmr centre mag ?

cheers
    ken.

The sliding Mag on Abus is poor. It has no effect till you get down to the end of the marker then seems to happen in the last 10mm of movement .Has been the same on the last three i have had.
    If you want fine adjustment a replacement system would be a good bet.

Comment

I have a chrome rocket that I converted with a pmr center mag,just playing around really n tbh I'm well happy with how it runs,proper flying machineheard loadsa bad reports saying the mag(center mag)causes a vacum with the bearings n causes running issues,well never had any probs like that with mine n I find it very controllable n easy to use.
      Really I'm a penn man,fth 12 n 525's but I use me abu with .32mm(15lb)over clean sand when I want to put a bait as far as I can(have a blue 7ht spooled the same)n tbh it easily sends a bait where I want it n more.
      Just my finding's buddy with my reel

Comment

Originally posted by hound hunter View Post
        I have a chrome rocket that I converted with a pmr center mag,just playing around really n tbh I'm well happy with how it runs,proper flying machineheard loadsa bad reports saying the mag(center mag)causes a vacum with the bearings n causes running issues,well never had any probs like that with mine n I find it very controllable n easy to use.
        Really I'm a penn man,fth 12 n 525's but I use me abu with .32mm(15lb)over clean sand when I want to put a bait as far as I can(have a blue 7ht spooled the same)n tbh it easily sends a bait where I want it n more.
        Just my finding's buddy with my reel
        when you say vacum realy its what is called spool compression .sometimes the knob moves when casting for various reasons but all very easily solved.i have done many ctr mag conversions and much prefer these to any other but bit more work involved in making parts for conversion.
        did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Cheers for that john,like I say mine runs as sweet as a nut,well happy with it.
          Talking of conversions,put a mono mag in thru the ratchet on an old 525 slidy a good while bk now,that runs very well,infact more controllable than the slidy ever was
          Cheers n tightlines....

Comment

thanks for the replies lads.

As for creating a vacuum anything caused would be incalculable as theres not enough room in the side plate to vortex to a significant measurable amount. im just looking for plain & simple variable adjustment as the original mag seems like all or nout ?

Comment

Check your not missing magnets mate

Comment

Vacuum. Vortexes. .. oooof nar just hit it harder at the end not the start.

Comment

Originally posted by stephie1 View Post
                  Vacuum. Vortexes. .. oooof nar just hit it harder at the end not the start.
                  Eh. Hit it harder at the end ??????????

Comment

The rod. U will then find your vortexes disappear lol

Comment

I'd just like to know how you can hit it harder at the end of the cast. As when casting your committed from the beginning of your cast ??????????

Comment

Originally posted by himself26 View Post
                        I'd just like to know how you can hit it harder at the end of the cast. As when casting your committed from the beginning of your cast ??????????
                        Not true your ment to hit the rod faster and harder right at the end so I keep getting told lol

Comment

Well it must just be a different technique to what ive used for the last 20 or so years............

Comment

This is what he means as demonstrated by Jason Carter . Jason Carter. Steyning June 2010 - YouTube . Slow in fast out .
                            Bob

NORTH EAST SURFCASTING ASSOCIATION

Comment

Originally posted by arc View Post
                              This is what he means as demonstrated by Jason Carter . Jason Carter. Steyning June 2010 - YouTube . Slow in fast out .
                              Aah O.K. I generally don't pendulum cast though. Just overhead thumper

Comment

Working...
                              X