lobing big leads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lobing big leads

I went for a practise down the field today with the 10 ounce lead cast 1=188yds
    2=203yds
    3=206yds then I dropped down to the 200gram lead and sent that 236yds I tried the 175 after that and the most I got that was 238yds but the 150gram was going over 250yds so has anyone any idea why the 175 isnt going as well as it should be .

the Nutter in the Field

You were probably knackered after chucking the 10 oz and the 200 g m8.
    white van man

Comment

I think you just needed a snack break, a few pie sandwiches some crisps and you would of been alright

[Edited on 30/9/2003 by simon]
      Many a true word is said in jest!

Comment

AFTER MUCH THOUGHT TO YOUR PROBLEM, THE ANSWER IS! THE LEAD IS LANDING TOO CLOSE TO WHERE YOU ARE STANDING:-
        1, TRY STANDING FURTHER BACK
        2,SLOW IN FAST OUT
        3, WEAR CORSET TO FLATTEN BELLY

Comment

Easy answer - Take only smaller leads
          NESA = No Exaggerated Sillyness Allowed

N.B - The above post is the personal thoughts and views of Andy 'Led Chukka' Miller and not those of any Association, Club or Federation that he is a member or representative of. Any issues with content should be addressed directly and not through his memberships.

Comment

Same shaped leads? maybe aerodynamics coming into play if they were different shapes...

Comment

Hi all , I\'ve just started casting over grass this summer and after many practice sessions I was thinking that I maybe doing something wrong,then a quick look on this board and SuperRog comes up with the answer, I am also standing too close to where the lead is landing !! with this in mind I shall try to put this right at next session.
              Bob

NORTH EAST SURFCASTING ASSOCIATION

Comment

Is it my computer or does that picture of Led with his Bass really take up more than half the page?

Nice Pic though even if a little large.

$£

Comment

$£,

It\'s not my fault honest I\'ve asked TC to size it down. to the same as the other Avtars.

ALways new I\'d get ont he BIG screen
                  NESA = No Exaggerated Sillyness Allowed

N.B - The above post is the personal thoughts and views of Andy 'Led Chukka' Miller and not those of any Association, Club or Federation that he is a member or representative of. Any issues with content should be addressed directly and not through his memberships.

Comment

:P Yep, OK.....I\'ll come clean - It was my fault Led ended up with a huge avatar (oor err missus).
                    Led only used the pic I told him to use and, errrm, I told him the WRONG one !!

Sorted now, though

Comment

Working...
                    X