Green zippys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green zippys

Just wondering if anyone could tell me if it is true that zziplex blanks made from green carbon are stiffer and are often built for field casting , and due to the cost of the material are limited. I ask because i have a zti and xtr sport both green and have heard alsorts of stories when out on the beach as to why some are green and some black.

Cheers lads.
    You should have been here yesterday.

Hello Andy,

I believe that the blanks are finished using a coloured lacquer, so its hard to say if any special materials were used in their construction.

Jim

Comment

Cheers pal

Comment

Best thing to do is email Terry Carroll himself, sure he'll advise you on the correct and only answer.

Comment

good idea might just do that

Comment

I had a second hand older green SST - and it was as soft as sh@t!, and heard other tales of green Zippys going floppy and lifeless in use.

but some are made with Green Carbon (or blue - there was a blue bullet which was aweful) - others finished in Green (as above - colour over the carbon then coated with laquer)

so probs best to fire Terry a email or call to find out exactly...
            My Weapons of Choice

RODS:
            Shimano Aspire 130 AX Surf , Shimano Aspire 140 AX Surf, Reelsport Responce ,Team Daiwa TDXS 130XM for the rough, Shakespear Ugly Stick Gold 7ft Spinning

REELS:
            Shimano Speedmaster CFS IV x3 , Abu 7500 C3CT Blue x 2, Abu 7500 CT Elite, Penn 970 mono mag for the rough, Shimano 4000 Exage for Spinning

Comment

cant find terrys e mail address anywhere some say that he does not have one as he is to busy, can anyone help ?

Comment

cant find e-mail address but contact details are

ZZIPLEX Ltd.
                Units 1&2,
                Mountfield Rd Ind Estate,
                New Romney,
                TN28 8LH.
                KENT. ENGLAND

Phone : 0(044) 1797 366602
                Fax : 0(044) 1797 366751
                caught crabs on a night down roker

Comment

cheers mate will give him a bell or failing that send a letter dont want to disturb the master at work to much.

Comment

Working...
                  X