Prefered Technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prefered Technique

Just wondering which is the most popular technique for pendulum casting.I know it may be difficult to put in to words exactly how your cast works,but there are so many variations.
    I use a simple outswing,then back up over my head...round and out,but when fishing matches,you see some totally different styles.Is it all down to copying your instructors technique,or developing something that feels comfortable for you.
    Are all Sea Angling casting instructors using the same technique,or do they teach their own style.

whooo, you are opening a can of worms there.
    everyone is different, but they tend to stick to a set of ground rules and then work on that.
    I learned this year that most of the casters on or over the 225 yard range all develop thier own style based on these rules, and indeed some of them actually break those rules and still cast miles.
    Saying that, the so called \"C\" cast pendulum seems to be favoured on the trips that i\'ve made but there are lots of styles.

Just find one that works and build on it, but yes, copying your instructors technique is a good way, as he\'ll be able to pick up mistakes alot easier.
    I don\'t think all casting instructors will teach the same, but they will try to give you that set of ground rules first, then encourage you to develop your own style. At least thats what i try to do.
    --
    Keith White.

Comment

Working...
    X