whats the best line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best line?

hi ive just sussed my 525mag extra ive got diawa tournament 20LB line on at min,i need some more line this weekend so which lines the best,ive heard f1 is good and ultima distance? what does the casting lads on here use????? cheers
    howay the cod

Penn 525 mag
    penn fathom
    Slosh30
    Greys apollo

P personal best from shore 6lb cod
    Personal best on boat 10lb ling

are you going to use it for fishing/or are you after advice on good casting line.
    or something in between.
    did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

im after something inbetween, currently useing suffix supreme, nice casting, just not as thin for its strength as i think its stated, there used to be some ultima stuff which was a gold colour, think it was maxxium or something i used to liek alot, but along with my favorite line (rough diamond) its stopped being made. Both were stated at be 0.40mm, but were clearly thinner than others rated the same diameter such as the suffix

Comment

Line

I used to love daiwa sensor, and I still do. But now i've been taken by the strength for thiness off Spiderwire XXX mono. Ties a great knot and has gud abraision resistance and with 25lb being 0.34mm, and 33lb being 0.37mm diameter, you can fill ya reel plenty.

Its also 5quid per spool, so good for your wallet too!
        South Shields & District SAC

Comment

line

I use sakuma 16lb for fishing/casting on my diawa blue mag and 14lb for casting only on my diawa milonair st. U get about 15 yards more on 14lb but its useless for fishing

Comment

line

I'm not a tournement caster but always use Ultima Power Plus for distance fishing. 18lb is 0.35dia, 15lb 0.32 etc. Lewis stock it at £10 a spool.

Comment

Used ultima f1 for the first time yesterday and I don't think I'll ever use anything else again. It can stand coming off the spool a bit on the outcast and after 6 hours off shields no abrasion apparent.

Comment

ultima F1 on every reel for me
                Hartlepool Pirates Sea Angling Club - Secretary

230m 240m 250m 255.23 PB - 260m next!

Comment

f1

Ultima f1 rules the world

Comment

deff ultima f1 for clean to mixed

Comment

Glad to hear the consensus posts, there was a slight doubt in my mind that I may just have had a lucky chucking day

Comment

Working...
                      X