my first pendelum cast to day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first pendelum cast to day

well i had my first chuck to day with jaylee .we went to seaton carew beach wind didnt help matters as they were south westerlys but i stuck it out lol.jay lee video me and he put on a disc for me to watch were i was going wrong i need to put my left hand a bit nearer my left nipple lol like jay was telling me ive got the swing ok and the dipping ov the tip also the weight is swining round great but need to focus a bit more on the final turn but that will come in time i hope.
    i will get jay to put it on utube and i can copy the link and post it up for yous to tell me were im going wrong and to take the micky out ov me lol but all in all im pritty pleased with my first sesh can only gett better so they say

finally vid added
    Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

vid didnt work for me

Comment

This is the link to ya vid mate Clicky here

Comment

Well done on your first session,your not that far short of perfecting it

Comment

Just need to work on little things but that will come with practice

Comment

Thank fisherman mick for the link dont no what went wrong m8

Comment

Originally posted by sinker View Post
              Thank fisherman mick for the link dont no what went wrong m8
              no worries fella

Comment

Originally posted by fisherman58 View Post
                Well done on your first session,your not that far short of perfecting it
                Sorry mate but there is loads wrong with that cast. He has posted the same vid over on WSF and got plenty of constructive feedback.

To summarise:
                Your arms have completely collapsed and are adding nothing to the cast
                Feet all over the place
                The rod is coming way too far back on the inswing, this is both a symptom and a cause of the first point above. This may also be caused by trying to have way too much rotation in the cast.

I'll give the same advice here as there - forget about swinging the lead until you have learned to cast OTG. Learning OTG will correct most of the faults in the cast and once your arm position, head position, body rotation and feet position are learnt from OTG then is the time to put the lead in the air and add the pendulum swing.

If you learn to walk before you try to run then you will end up running further and faster alot sooner than if you skip learning to walk.
                CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

thanks for being honest m8 ide rather hear the truth than people saying its looking fine .i need to hear the truth thanx for your honest opinion

Comment

Send a pm to Bob Collins (he goes by the name of Arc on here) and try to organise a casting lesson. An hour spent with Bob on Seaton beach will have you on the right lines in no time.
                    CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Sorry mate but there is loads wrong with that cast.

Hi Malcolm Tucker, fair point on what he is doing wrong but all i said was well done on 1st lesson,your not that far short of perfecting it. Some people just cant get to grips with it,Sinker is on the right lines and got the gist of what to do,and like he said himself (Just need to work on things but that will come with practice) and like you stated an hour with Bob on seaton beach would straighten him out.So if an hour with Bob would sort him i would say (thats not far short of perfecting it).

Comment

lots wrong as previously said but that said easy to put right. feet position totaly wrong,

and as said earlier otg is the first step you should before pendulum casting.

what you are doing is trying to run before you can walk.

loads of info on the net and loads of dvds out now a great help these days.
                        did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Beware, the risks of storing the wrong gestures that then it will be difficult to correct
                          1- wrong position of the legs, you'll need to place weight on the leg dx dx arm must be made

2-during the pendulum arm dx must rhyme, only the left arm moves to bring commuter lead

3-you have to start to turn, shifting the weight on the leg left, when you see to your left lead that begins to fall

4-the drop is short, try to take him to height multiplier

5-and much more

Council : Learn before the movement of the brakes, then steps to the rotation and finally you'll think to launch and meters

of course if some term is incorrect I apologize, my English is not good

Comment

bry

thanks for your advice thanks again

Comment

Av had a lesson with bob collins(goes by Arc on here) very good well worth it.
                              I wanted to learn the pendulm as av had a few trys myself but felt like i was tryn to cast a ford focus lol.
                              well he started me off with off the ground casting(OTG), av been fishn for about 20 years now and thought whats this crack i want to learn this pendulm cast, but once he explains your hand and feet positions with OTG casts which as he explains are the foundations of the pendulm you understand why.
                              Bob told me to concentrate on OTG and forget about swinging the lead
                              well av been practicing OTG for about 4-6 weeks now and attended the casting comp sunday gone and done just ova 191yds with 150g which i was well pleased with "now am hooked"
                              just need to get some more lessons sorted now
                              sent him a pm its well worth it.
                              www.home-improver.com
                              Where quality counts

Comment

Working...
                              X