a little help required...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little help required...

Hi lads, after a few seasons boat fishing and hardly doing any shore stuff, I went down to a field I learned to pendulum cast at about 2 years ago. I was convinced I would be able to reach further up the field than previously but to my disappointment I was only achieving 20 more yards or so.

So my question is would any of you guys mind giving me a lesson or two? I will pay and travel. I am of the opinion that I need an experienced caster to put me right on my technique.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

hello mate, the man ya want t see is bob collins (arc) however a think he is still carrying a shoulder injury but bob will spot things that you are doing wrong and try and help put them right, also am a great believer in videoing yourself and that way you can see yourself exactly where ya going wrong also watch how others are doing it but remember everyone has there own individual style and what works for 1 man wont always work for another but you could still pick little bits out to try in your own cast, also there is an event on this sunday at nesa at the kirkleatham showground and there is some very helpfull people down there and anyone is made welcome, hope this has helped dave.....jay
    www.akiosfishingtackle.com

www.rhinopower.co.uk
    "RHINO POWER"
    SUPPORT TEAM ENGLAND@ smartrig.webs.com

Comment

i know you would help him jay canny travel for him as he lives northumberland,

maybe he could meet up wth you at the northunbria ctre sometime less for him to travel, i have met david canny lad.
      did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Alright John hows it going?

Jay - thanks for the reply, I have videoed myself and think I have spotted what may be the problem, then again I could be wrong and so think it best to get someone who can definitely put me in the right direction.

I should have mentioned what gear I am using - I have a 6500 qtc rocket but think a screw from the additional knob on the side has fallen out. Rod wise I have a 13ft Nemesis plus SLR (I know this isn't a full on casting rod) and I also have a 14ft Conoflex Rakata which I think should be powerful enough to get me where I want to be (around the 220 yard mark). Currently I think I am around the 175 - 190 mark depending on how sweetly I hit it.

As always any further feedback greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comment

hi dave yes everything ok foot mended now,i had a conoflex rakata till about 10ins of it broke off while i was pendulum casting wth it,they are a very very powerful rod maybe too stiff to learn with.

you could try your vid on here-http://www.myfishcasting.com/casting_forum/viewtopic.php?t=8241 you may get some constructive critisim and on wsf.

best of luck john
          did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

a dont go to the northumbria centre anymore john as there seems t be regular comps at minute and a dont like to over do it, however gary bewick and the other lads are still down a lot and a know gary is good at spotting things in a cast aswell and am sure he would help ya get sorted out dave, like john says if you have any footage people might be able to guide you from there, good luck for the future mate..jay
            www.akiosfishingtackle.com

www.rhinopower.co.uk
            "RHINO POWER"
            SUPPORT TEAM ENGLAND@ smartrig.webs.com

Comment

Working...
            X