distance casting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distance casting

i am quit new to distance casting and i am currently learnin otg cast but when i use this technique i get a birdie every time but when i just dangle the sinker behind and cast i dont so i was wonder if i put the brakes on more would that help but if i do that will i be able to get thurther than when i just dangle it behind me thanks any helpfull comments will be greatly appreated thanks
    species so far 2012cod bass flounder plaice dab colie weaver whitie rockling

target for 2012

:catch a bass of 2lb catch a cod of 5lb catch a plaice of 2lb catch a thornback

Its probable that if your doing the otg properly you will be generating more power with less effort and thats something your reel is not set for . Add more mags/ thicker oil , keep the reel controllable , forget about distance its the technique you need to build and you cant do that if your unpicking a birdie everycast . As your technique gets better the distance will come and then start tinkering with your reel settings for maximum distance .
    The offer still stands .
    Bob

NORTH EAST SURFCASTING ASSOCIATION

Comment

i went down down the beach earlier to practice i think i have cracked it mate from the first cast i was casting further than i used to im not sure how far i can cast but i think its far enough to fish from the beach

p.s.i didnt get one birdie
      species so far 2012cod bass flounder plaice dab colie weaver whitie rockling

target for 2012

:catch a bass of 2lb catch a cod of 5lb catch a plaice of 2lb catch a thornback

Comment

Working...
      X