zippy bullet sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zippy bullet sport

being haveing a few casting lessons thinking ov buying a zippy bullet sport getting on a bit i no but what should i b paying 4 a good en had a few casts with a sport seems very powerfull

Originally posted by conoflexman View Post
    being haveing a few casting lessons thinking ov buying a zippy bullet sport getting on a bit i no but what should i b paying 4 a good en had a few casts with a sport seems very powerfull
    The worst thing you can do,as a beginner to tournament casting,is buy a proper tournament poker.Chances are you'll get plenty of people who own this type of rod,telling you they're fine for casting,fishing etc,which is fine when they're chucking a lump of bait 60 yards off the prom.The problems start when you try to wind the rod up on a field.You will NOT be able to compress the rod,at best you'll put a little bend in the tip,and you'll get no response or feeling from it.You will save yourself a lot of money,frustration,and possible injury,buy learning to cast with a rod you are comfortable with.Just about every beach rod will fire six ounces of lead over 200 yards comfortably.It's not the rod,it's the bloke who's got hold of it that matters.To make an analogy,put me in a 1600 focus,and you in Lewis Hamiltons Maclaren at Silverstone,and i will do a lap quicker than you.

Comment

Originally posted by billynobaits View Post
      The worst thing you can do,as a beginner to tournament casting,is buy a proper tournament poker.Chances are you'll get plenty of people who own this type of rod,telling you they're fine for casting,fishing etc,which is fine when they're chucking a lump of bait 60 yards off the prom.The problems start when you try to wind the rod up on a field.You will NOT be able to compress the rod,at best you'll put a little bend in the tip,and you'll get no response or feeling from it.You will save yourself a lot of money,frustration,and possible injury,buy learning to cast with a rod you are comfortable with.Just about every beach rod will fire six ounces of lead over 200 yards comfortably.It's not the rod,it's the bloke who's got hold of it that matters.To make an analogy,put me in a 1600 focus,and you in Lewis Hamiltons Maclaren at Silverstone,and i will do a lap quicker than you.
      At last! someone who actually talks sense when it comes to using a rod with which you are comfortable with. Take no notice of guys whos only interest is in selling you a rod, get something you can bend (irrespective of brand ) and you will achieve better results than with a "must have" rod which overpowers you.

Comment

Originally posted by GerryBerry View Post
        At last! someone who actually talks sense when it comes to using a rod with which you are comfortable with. Take no notice of guys whos only interest is in selling you a rod, get something you can bend (irrespective of brand ) and you will achieve better results than with a "must have" rod which overpowers you.
        Which rod are you bending at the minute Gerry ?.;

Comment

Originally posted by beachbuddy View Post
          which rod are you bending at the minute gerry ?.;
          several

Comment

A good starter tourney rod is a primo syncro or M4 evo. Quite easy to use and lots of potential to grow into.

Worst thing you could do is chop and change rods when learning so get something reasonably powerful but don't go overboard with a TTR!! A bullet sport probably is a little too much but if the price is right go for it! If its cheap enough your not going to lose much if you sell it on.

A lot of people think 200yds is easy, it is not and a cheapo rod certainly won't help with confidence! It takes time to learn the casting basics. Get yourself along to the next NESA event at Kirkleatham and you will be able to try a number of rods if you ask politely.

Comment

imho i would,nt pay any more than 150 notes.
              did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

About 135-150, don't buy any of the ones advertised for silly money on fleabay

I think i seen a buy it now for 280

Comment

Working...
                X