casting my new century kompressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• casting my new century kompressor

bought the rod the other day and gave it a whirl , great rod overall . anyhow i made a tiny video showing what happened to a spool of mono chucking off the ground , the reel sound was great might mean nowt to the big hitters on the board but i was happy with what i acheived ...

before -

[IMG][/IMG]

after - sorry phone was stuck in me mouth at the beginning

kompressor008_zpsb3b48287.mp4 Video by maleborn1967 | Photobucket

Originally posted by marco1967 View Post
    bought the rod the other day and gave it a whirl , great rod overall . anyhow i made a tiny video showing what happened to a spool of mono chucking off the ground , the reel sound was great might mean nowt to the big hitters on the board but i was happy with what i acheived ...

before -

[IMG][/IMG]

after - sorry phone was stuck in me mouth at the beginning

kompressor008_zpsb3b48287.mp4 Video by maleborn1967 | Photobucket
    Ye not the northeast big Danny are you!.

Comment

i've got someway to go for that m8 ..

Comment

Doesnt seem to work but could be my phone

Comment

Originally posted by lambengland View Post
          Doesnt seem to work but could be my phone
          me too mate?
          cant get on at all? its wanting a guest password off me?

Comment

seen it now bud photobucket dont like my phone for some reason so went
            on the old poota
            bloody hell mate are you sure you didnt catch a passing car
            my mates got a kompressor and he will not give it wellie at all as he generally fishes the narrow part of the tyne and is worried he will clear it so he only gives it half power but thats enough
            dam powerfull rods them!!

Comment

emptying the spool, must have been all that red mist mate
              What line were yer using? just it looks heavy and thinner will get yer even further. Plus if you ditch the reel and get a tourney job even a bit more
              Last edited by g.ordon; 16-02-2013, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                emptying the spool, must have been all that red mist mate
                What line were yer using? just it looks heavy and thinner will get yer even further. Plus if you ditch the reel and get a tourney job even a bit more
                true m8, line used was around 200 yds of 25 , on an old slosh 20 , i know i could do better ,i'm old school , i enjoy fishing , not casting .

Comment

Wouldnt use more than 18lb sensor on a slosh 20 because it doesnt hold enough line as your vid shows, youll find a slosh 30 is alot better for 25lb sensor.
                  Last edited by shaun; 17-02-2013, 03:07 AM.

Comment

true m8, line used was around 200 yds of 25 , on an old slosh 20 , i know i could do better ,i'm old school , i enjoy fishing , not casting .
                    Well done for chucking 200 mate. What komp did yer get anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                      Well done for chucking 200 mate. What komp did yer get anyways?
                      ss .

Comment

Marco It doesn't look like there's 200 yards of 25lb line on that Slosh 20 mate, in fact I doubt you would get 200 yards of 25lb on it. Personally I would strip it off the reel and measure what's exactly on, you will be surprised. Anyway here's ya afterwards. PS I liked the sound of the reel though Wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz

Comment

maybe ??? still a canny lob non the less ...

Comment

Originally posted by roybert View Post
                            Marco It doesn't look like there's 200 yards of 25lb line on that Slosh 20 mate, in fact I doubt you would get 200 yards of 25lb on it. Personally I would strip it off the reel and measure what's exactly on, you will be surprised. Anyway here's ya afterwards. PS I liked the sound of the reel though Wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz

Not to mention that a 200 yard cast with .31mm line will see about 220 - 230 yards of line come off the spool due to the parabolic nature of the cast, this will be even more if it there is any sort of wind behind or from the side.

200 yards on the field in the summer with .31mm line (12lb) and good conditions is a hell of a chuck and there are not many out there who can do it. 200 yards on a beach in February with 25lb line (Sensor?) at .52mm diameter would make you a good 250 yard plus man on the field.

Nice cast, but nowhere near 200 yards I'm afraid
                            CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

we'll say 90 yards then , just to clear it up ...

Comment

Working...
                              X