New Australian Record - 11/06/2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Australian Record - 11/06/2006

Well the man has done it again here are the results from this weekends casting. There was only a small turnout as the weekend looked as if it would be rained out , for those that braved the conditions there were just rewards with PB\'s being achieved .

Well done to Scott and a magnificent example of the rewards of hard work and practice.

Fantastic result and I am happy to say that it was a pleasure to see such an axample of casting in Australia.

Note All distances in METERS

Hi Jeremy...tremendous result from Scott....hell i make that about a foot short of that magical 300 yards .....what were the conditions like on the day especially on that big cast??????

Looks like you are coming on in leaps and bounds yourself as well....keep it up.....and well done all.

Len
    Len

Comment

Len ,

conditions were cold at about 12 degrees celcius and cloudy with winds at about 20 mph.

Pressure was 1018 to 1020 and rain threatened all day but we were lucky and only had very light drizzel.

Conditions stayed constant till mid afternoon when the clouds started to break up and the winds became more gusty and quarted across court more.

Thanks for the compliment and I will be working hard on trying to catch Scott but he is 13 years my junior and 30 kgs heavier and his technique is VERY GOOD. Still more work on my part but I am trying.

Regards

Comment

Nice report mate ,I often marvel at the distances you chaps get ,my best so far is around 130 yards ,that\'s with bait on the rigs mind you haha.
        You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Steve ,

130 with a baited rig is excellent , when we fish some of our southern beaches if you cant get out past the shore break you don\'t get into any of the bigger fish.

Regards

Comment

Working...
          X