Feelfree Moken 12 kayak complete set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feelfree Moken 12 kayak complete set up

For sale is a complete kayak set up; all ready to go with everything you need to get out to sea SAFELY!!

Feelfree Moken 12 kayak.

This kayak hasn’t had a lot of use and so is in excellent condition, with a few unavoidable scratches on the bottom.
    It is actually 12’ 4” long; it has handles moulded into the body, front, rear and one on each side so none of those webbing handles to worry about.
    There is a large tankwell at the rear and also a large storage well up front; I also have the hatch cover (which isn’t in the photos) that goes over the front tankwell, still in the packaging as it’s never been on the kayak.
    There is a central storage area in the cockpit with a hinged lid, there is also a large storage area between your legs which goes down into the hull with a rubber watertight cover.
    There are four rod holders; two behind and two in front of the seat.
    The foot rests are adjustable when actually sitting in the kayak.
    A very handy feature of this kayak is that it has a built in wheel/roller at the rear which makes manoeuvring it so much easier and you don’t damage the hull when dragging it around.
    It is quite a wide kayak and is extremely stable on the water; I have never fallen out and I’ve been in some lumpy seas with it.
    There is an anchor trolley system fitted to the right hand side.
    The kayak sits on a purpose made trolley which has two vertical arms locating in two of the scupper holes. The tyres are pneumatic and have recently had new tubes fitted.
    There is a Feelfree two piece paddle and I will also supply a heavy duty one piece paddle.
    I have fitted a marine compass to the central storage area hatch. Also fitted to the hatch is the mount for the fish finder. There is a strap in the front tankwell where the battery for the fishfinder sits.

I am including with the kayak a medium/large 50n PFD.

Garmin Echo 200 fish finder. The fishfinder just clips and unclips from the mount in the cockpit. The transducer is mounted inside the hull. This unit hasn’t been used much at all and still looks brand new. There is also a 12v battery which is sealed inside a plastic container which mounts in the front tankwell. The battery is charged while it’s still inside the container through a connector which also comes with it.

Garmin 12 GPS unit. Very accurate and brilliant for getting you onto your mark exactly or for finding your way back if the fog comes in.

Icom IC-M10E VHF marine radio transceiver. It comes with the sealed rechargeable battery and charger but also a handy emergency battery unit which opens to use 6xAAA batteries. This radio has saved at least one life when I used it to call out the lifeboat for another kayaker who got himself into serious trouble. You simply shouldn’t go to sea without a good quality radio; and know how to use it properly.

Typhoon ex-RNLI drysuit. This suit is a large “I think”;
    I am 5’ 9” tall, weigh 13 ½ stones and it fits me well. Somebody even slightly bigger would get away with it too. The integrated wellington boots say size 8 but I’m sure they are a generous 8. I take an 8 shoe and there is lots of room to spare in these. I recently paid £75 to have new neck and wrist seals fitted at the local dive shop. One tooth on the zip is slightly bent but I keep the whole zip lubricated and have never had an issue with it. The suit has never taken in a drop of water while I’ve been using it.

There may be some other bits and bobs I’ll include when I can put my hands on them. I know there is an anchor and a marker buoy somewhere.

All in all it’s a complete fishing kayak set up with everything you need to get out; just supply your own rod, reel and bait.

I have gone through everything and priced the items sensibly; the total figure I came up with and what I want for it is:
    £725.

Please don’t ask if I’ll split the items and sell them separately because it is being sold as a complete set up and is ideal for someone wanting to get into kayak fishing. Everything included is good quality gear.

Give me a ring on 07772-311896 if you want a chat or need any more information.
    I am situated in Blyth, Northumberland.

Cracking buy for someone starting out

Comment

Bump

Comment

Giving this a little bump as the season is getting close.

Comment

Gone

I sent a text to Chris today. Kayak sold
          Will look somewhere else. The idea of getting a full package was very appealing

Comment

Check out anglers afloat forum [ for sale ] often full packages on there, good luck.........Dave.

Comment

Working...
            X