Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auld F/S gear for a beginner

Hi all, a bit of a long shot here...

I'm on the cadge for a beach/rock casting setup for my stepson! After what feels like years (he's only a 14!) of trying to get him interested in fishing, he finally bit a few months ago!

He wants to use his saved up pocket money (by saved up, I mean keeping a little bit a-side and dipping in to it when he feels like it...) to buy a fixed spool rod/reel setup! We've been scouring eBay on a weekly basis for a cheap setup for him but haven't had much luck at all.

So I had the idea of posting on here to see if you lads know anyone that might be looking to part with some gear, he doesn't have much money to play with but I can chip a bit in too to make up (but I won't tell him that, he likes to think he is independent...).

He did originally have a setup that was used for a few sessions, but I can't remember exactly what it was okuma rod and a brand of reel I'd never heard of, a friend had gave him it, but the reel seized up and the rod wasn't worth getting re-whipped etc.

Ideally looking for 12-14ft setup he can manage casting weights to 5oz at the minute so anything capable of handling beaches but also rocks is a plus, doesn't have to be in amazing condition as long as it's usable!

Cheers lads

ive got a few bits and pieces here he can have where are you based ?

Comment

I've got a Daiwa Sea Harrier 12'--casts 4/8 oz it's his if he wants it.

Comment

Working...
      X