Pirk Wires - Norwegian Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirk Wires - Norwegian Style

Anyone got a good (cheap) source of wires for the Norwegian Style Pirk? (12oz)

Scoured t'interweb and am struggling to find them for less than £1.99 for 10 wires - which seems steep (or am I being stingy?)

Cheers in advance
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

hello mate would copper wire not do

Comment

copper welding rods (or brass or stainless) ebay, loads for a few quid

piece of wood with 4 screws placed the right distance apart to bend the eyes around
      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

cheers for the input - Mark I like the sound of that one once I have an "original" to copy

Have been kindly sorted out on this one
        Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
        I AGREE

Comment

piece of pish once you get the jig made
          ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
          Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

I use fencing wire and have done for years now, it rusts after a season but to be fair pirks dont often make it longer than a trip or two.

Never had 1 snap, bend over or pull out, last roll from B&Q cost me £7 for 6m and still have half left after 2 years.
            ................__................................ .............................
            ____[ ~ \_____
            [__On-A-Roll__/
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            P.B
            SKATE 204lb
            COD 51lb
            LING 32lb
            TOPE 40lb
            CONGER 25lb
            HADDOCK 10lb
            HALIBUT 37lb
            COALIE 16lb
            BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

if ya dont buy try the fencing outside supermarkets its free all ya need is a pair of pliers
              Panel Pin Champ

Comment

giz an idea (or even better a pic ) about this Pirk wire jigamajig please..I've got an idea in my head but any guidance greatly appreciated
                Ooh a new vid!

I AGREE

Comment

i made one of the jigs for normal jiggers it works a treat i used some 4x2 softwood and 2x 5 inch nails i also drilled a hole out on some pliers to get it exact when crimpin the wire around the nails
                  Cod machine

Comment

cannot get my head around this jig rig mullarky...what's the (uber complicated I'm sure) configuration of said 2 nails/4 screws ?
                    Ooh a new vid!

I AGREE

Comment

did a quick sketch on paint {not the best i kno} hope this gives u a rough idea

Cod machine

Comment

Working...
                      X