Which fishing line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which fishing line?

I am looking to find some 40lb line but when you look at what's available the price varies enormously from very cheap to expensive.

I have already decided I want mono rather than braid so what does everyone use? What can you recommend?

Thanks
    A bad day's fishing is better than a good day at work

Braid
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

If i was going to choose a 40lb line it would be Diawa Sensor, i use 25lb for uptiding and 18lb for the beach...

Comment

Been using Chinese braid for the last two seasons with no problems

EBay
        Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
        I AGREE

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Wallsendo View Post
          Been using Chinese braid for the last two seasons with no problems

EBay
          I ordered 2 spools before xmas Tony, how long did it take for yours to arrive

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
            I ordered 2 spools before xmas Tony, how long did it take for yours to arrive
            About 4 weeks
            Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
            I AGREE

Comment

Thats not bad ......

Comment

Braid ! No iffs or butts ! We use Chinese and its good and cheap !
                Cheers Bert

Comment

simple ......... 55lb dynon 3000 I didn't know there was anything else on the market

norm
                  ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                  . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                  ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                    simple ......... 55lb dynon 3000 I didn't know there was anything else on the market

norm
                    Tackle Tart....

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
                      Tackle Tart....
                      spoilt for choice really, it's either dynon 3000 55lb or .... or maybe dynon 3000 55lb

norm
                      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                        spoilt for choice really, it's either dynon 3000 55lb or .... or maybe dynon 3000 55lb

norm
                        Norman

Have you thought about possibly moving forward a few years and trying something like Power Pro

Here it is and at a price we all like with free postage Top Quality PE Dyneema Spectra Extreme Braided Fishing Line 275m | eBay

Sean
                        The beautifull South

Comment

40 lb line

Not been funny here but I was in go outdoors westerhope and they have okuma max for under a fiver a spool.worth a try

Comment

As well as my original question could somebody tell me why braid is preferred over mono? What are the advantages? Is it as easy to tie knots with?
                            A bad day's fishing is better than a good day at work

Comment

Smaller diameter, no stretch so you feel every knock, nibble and snag :-)

Just tie a loop at the end to attach a snap link.
                              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Working...
                              X