Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be looking out for em on EBay

Comment

Can we ask what price the molds will be and where to get the rubbery stuff to in them?

Comment

Originally posted by saltysam View Post
        Can we ask what price the molds will be and where to get the rubbery stuff to in them?
        The rubbery stuff is called plastisol and comes as a milky liquid which must be heated in a pan or microwave and then injected into the mould.
        Mostly comes from US or Australia but there is a company in UK called Lure Factors which will be worth a google.

As for the mould, I'm still making/modifying for myself but when I get it the way I want and get a few made up front I might well look at putting up for sale, not sure what price as they take an endless amount of "hobby" time to produce so will probably let ebay set the price by auction, but we'll see. I want to see them catch a few fish as well

cheers

norm
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

ever tried just using one of the many varities of sealant you can buy, always have to take a nice rubbery bit out the nozzle each time I don't use a full one
          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
            ever tried just using one of the many varities of sealant you can buy, always have to take a nice rubbery bit out the nozzle each time I don't use a full one
            Aye Alan, the first ones I made (flatties) were standard silicone sealant in a plaster of paris mould it took overnight to set though but I did manage a few

norm
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
              Aye Alan, the first ones I made (flatties) were standard silicone sealant in a plaster of paris mould it took overnight to set though but I did manage a few

norm
              yep it does take a while to set no good for mass production you would need loads of moulds
              Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                The rubbery stuff is called plastisol and comes as a milky liquid which must be heated in a pan or microwave and then injected into the mould.
                Mostly comes from US or Australia but there is a company in UK called Lure Factors which will be worth a google.

As for the mould, I'm still making/modifying for myself but when I get it the way I want and get a few made up front I might well look at putting up for sale, not sure what price as they take an endless amount of "hobby" time to produce so will probably let ebay set the price by auction, but we'll see. I want to see them catch a few fish as well

cheers

norm
                Thanks i will have a look at that

Comment

Working...
                X