No announcement yet.

Tackle shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is gary dans dad? If so gary doesn't work or own the shop dan bought him out ;-);-)

Comment

Originally posted by spongebob View Post
      Is gary dans dad? If so gary doesn't work or own the shop dan bought him out ;-);-)
      really m8, it has been a while since a was there,
      not been fishing for some time.

but dan's a nice lad aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggon View Post
        Went there twice maybe a couple of years ago but found it rather a strange experience. There was a big old scruffy sofa just to the left of the doorway that had been adopted by a few of the local characters. They were in residence on both of my visits, they didn't say anything, just seemed happy to stare and look you up and down. Tackle shops should be places you can browse at your leisure without the local weirdo's giving you the dead eye. Couldn't wait to get out of there and I wont be back until someone assures me it's no longer the local drop in centre for the bewildered.
        LOL!!!, I know a shop with a similar set of 'counter leaners' offering their advice by their facial expressions on your purchases,even the owner does it! when you try and survey his products on display.Guess i'm not part of the 'In crowd'.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggon View Post
          Went there twice maybe a couple of years ago but found it rather a strange experience. There was a big old scruffy sofa just to the left of the doorway that had been adopted by a few of the local characters. They were in residence on both of my visits, they didn't say anything, just seemed happy to stare and look you up and down. Tackle shops should be places you can browse at your leisure without the local weirdo's giving you the dead eye. Couldn't wait to get out of there and I wont be back until someone assures me it's no longer the local drop in centre for the bewildered.
          I had a similar experience when I went in there a couple of years back and I haven`t been back since. I now get all my bait and bits n bobs in McDermotts in Ashington, where I can browse in peace or if I need any help the staff are more than willing to help out.

Comment

Working...
          X