jfk two a day at anchor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jfk two a day at anchor

seeing as there's hardly been any boat reports. or indeed any boats out for a long time, we haven't been out for about 6-8 weeks, seems like months? it was killing me so I thought i d let you know how we got on
    so had a day out yesterday with the sole intention of anchoring up all day. still couldn't resist a go on the 3 mile wreck first, but went pretty much as I feared 3-4 drifts not even a sniff. and drift up to 1.6 knots gear streaming off and not sitting on the bottom. well with that now out of the system. back to the original plan.
    steamed into cullercoats dropped anchor. and after 5-10 minutes 3 fish came in together then quite for a while, then 1 -2 fish came aboard. odd quite spell then 1-2 fish again.
    some fish 3-4lbs some 1.5lbs 2lbs and a few that were legal but returned to fight another day.
    upped anchor and moved again a mile or 2 dropped anchor again with the same results, felt as if the fish were about to come on better [and on a better day would have] but although steady was still quite spells as well. moved again, same again.
    all in all about 30 fish some returned nothing bigger than 4lbs and a spotted dog fish [sign of spring???] so just nice to get out, give the boat a run. and definitely some decent signs of fish, hoping to have another go shortly.
    just one point if we hadn't anchored up I don't think we would have had any fish due to the tide wind and swell.
    now Christmas is out of the way feels like the spring isn't to far away now an something to look forward too
    all the best for the new year for all nesa members cheers allan
    FISHING

Good to see you getting out again Allan. Lynn and I will be with you again, late June/early July. Seems a long way away at the moment!
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Nice one allan, seems to be a few fish about at the mo, i fancy a bit fishing with the anchor down for a change, give you a bell couple of weeks when my weekend shifts are over.

Best wishes 2015, Russell

Comment

Thats not the full story

It would of been like this if allan did not post headed out 28/12/14 sea state little choppy but nothing decided to do what we did a few year ago and go for it first wreck after a hour steam went bang bang bang all avg 8/10 pounds cods next wreck again fish coming in steadly total up for the day good days fishing but unfortualy allan got there first so that was my plan anywhere all the best for 2015

Comment

Nice one Allan its good to get the pick out every now and then ,it gives you a little rest from tearing around the wrecks,good to see a few fish on the ground so early in the season or is it late in the season ? anyway well done and bring them on .....................yehaaaa
          Cheers Bert

Comment

out again sat

Originally posted by Russ hud View Post
            Nice one allan, seems to be a few fish about at the mo, i fancy a bit fishing with the anchor down for a change, give you a bell couple of weeks when my weekend shifts are over.

Best wishes 2015, Russell
            hi russ know your probably working but were out this sat, if your not, and as weather looking canny with a few days westerly, we should be in with a shout again.
            otherwise hopefully see you in a couple of weeks
            FISHING

Comment

Originally posted by Tadpoleman View Post
              Nice one Allan its good to get the pick out every now and then ,it gives you a little rest from tearing around the wrecks,good to see a few fish on the ground so early in the season or is it late in the season ? anyway well done and bring them on .....................yehaaaa
              hi bert as you say it was lovely just to get out again, and much more relaxing at anchor, you and keith not tempted for a early season look out???
              cheers allan
              FISHING

Comment

He's too busy making hurdy gurdys Allan
                Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
                  He's too busy making hurdy gurdys Allan
                  aye id like to see the finished article a bet it'll op them mackerel in in the summer.
                  see you then
                  FISHING

Comment

Can't wait Allan.

We've got a bit work / maintenance to do first.
                    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Great report Allan, pleased to see someone is getting out and giving it a go, and at meats picking ga few fish up for your efforts. Can't wait to get out myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X