No announcement yet.

All ready to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some name their boats after/including a favourite pet which keeps everybody in the family happy
    •Secretary not permanent fixture until screwed on top of desk
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    :man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day

PB COD 22LB (BOAT) Grafter h'pool
    LING 21LB (BOAT) Esmeralda h'pool
    CONGER 30LB (BOAT) IOM
    THORNBACK RAY 13LB (BOAT) ULLAPOOL
    COD 12LB PIER(middleton)
    CARP 30LB CANADA
    PIKE 25LB SCOTLAND

Comment

I cannot see how trailering and launching works for anybody....so much headache and in my opinion takes all fun and easy going away...

I struggle to organise launching my boat back into the mooring, because of tides, winds, waves etc...

...then you always need a buddy to help...and the buddy needs to know his stuff not to damage boat/trailer/car

...it also takes a lot of time...trailer attaching to car...towing to slipway...backwarding down...etc etc etc...and the same again after fishing

....what if the weather turns? ...

...whats more important? good tides whilst fishing or suitable tides whilst on the damn ramp

-no quick 2 hour fishing trips are worth that effort
      -never fishing alone
      -no late evening comebacks

and on top of that you worry everyday that some arse removes stuff, outboards or even steals the whole boat!

NO THANKS
      Last edited by Guest; 01-02-2015, 09:53 AM.

Comment

cracking boat mark, good luck with it

Just on the trailering/mooring comments,

Always had my boats trailered, stored at H/pool yacht club and could launch/retrive in 10 mins, never affected any fishing time or had any safety issues, out early and back whenever you wanted ( except low water ) but easily avoided if planned correctly

obviously working all week so trips were planned for the weekends, weather permitting, so the boat could be left unattended all week

secure storage with electronic entry system, boat kept clean and out of the water, no concerns about taking on water/morring lines/bad weather etc.

during the winter months it could be left covered with no concerns

Comment

Originally posted by easyfish1 View Post
          cracking boat mark, good luck with it

Just on the trailering/mooring comments,

Always had my boats trailered, stored at H/pool yacht club and could launch/retrive in 10 mins, never affected any fishing time or had any safety issues, out early and back whenever you wanted ( except low water ) but easily avoided if planned correctly

obviously working all week so trips were planned for the weekends, weather permitting, so the boat could be left unattended all week

secure storage with electronic entry system, boat kept clean and out of the water, no concerns about taking on water/morring lines/bad weather etc.

during the winter months it could be left covered with no concerns

that bit I get! I see that it works for a few boat owners who have space at home.
          i also understand that a noce warm barn is better for the boat than a wet windy marina
          also easier to fix and clean things.

Hartlepool slipway is also very very nice, wide and steep.

Sunderland is awful...narrow, long and not steep enough

Comment

There's always an option of a berth for say 6 months and pull over the winter. Then she's ready to go, and for those midweek evening or early shots for a couple of hours.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Tadpoleman View Post
              Well mark stick your kids names up and let the lads come up with a few sugestions...just a thought !
              Not a bad idea bert,Worth a try. Names are Chloe and holly, and cheers for all the comments lads.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul_h View Post
                There's always an option of a berth for say 6 months and pull over the winter. Then she's ready to go, and for those midweek evening or early shots for a couple of hours.

Paul
                I think only Royal Q does that...or are there any other Marinas?

Comment

Hi Mark, She's looking great. Thats 3 Preditors that I know of that launch from Cullercoats now. Couple of months to go for me if weather is good.
                  Hard to think of a name to include the bairns names........................Chollie)
                  P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Cheers Arthur, yes shouldn't be too long now before I see you down there. Tell you what Arthur, that's not a bad effort with the name.

Comment

Boat Name Generator, Boat Namer

enjoy
                      Cheers Bert

Comment

Cheers pal, Will give it a go.

Comment

Two Sisters ?
                          Cheers Bert

Comment

Boat

Cracking little boat. Very nice

Comment

Assuming you like a drink you could combine your other love: AlChloHoll
                              Last edited by KeithB; 03-02-2015, 12:36 PM.
                              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
                                Assuming you like a drink you could combine your other love: AlChloHoll
                                Good one Keith. Or maybe Chollie Pops!
                                2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Working...
                                X