Graveyard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graveyard

The two lads who own the Arvor 23 next to me in Royal Quays decided on the spur of the moment to go to the graveyard on Saturday . They used 180 litres of fuel to get there but not to fish , just to check their co-ordinates . They are planning a trip back in a month if anyones interested .

Think for that much effort i would have tried a few drops you could go back in a month and find nothing. Mind they could have loads and gone in a months time and got nowt or the other way around, that is fishing.
    Alan

Comment

I was talking to one of the chater boats last week, they went out there last year and have been once this year - there verdict was.......\"a waste of diesel\" , they tried 9 wrecks. Still a tempting prospect though

[Edited on 20/6/2005 by mark]
      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

I have to agree, I talk to skippers every week some have been going to the graveyard for years and the catches have been very poor. Some dont even bother now, at one time if the weather was right and the skipper was taking you out to the graveyard you knew you where in for a good day. Now it seems the opposite, even though it is not fished as much as it used to be.
        Alan

Comment

one thing that did come up was the amount on nets fast on the wrecks, the comemrcial chaps must trawl within inches of em

Thought for the day:
          Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Comment

I agree Alan , not that interested now . better to had elsewhere and a lot cheaper .

Comment

Lots of wrecks box netted now down shouth and alot of wrecks north and south of the Tyne have lost nets on them making it a pain with pirks.

Comment

Not box netting but, dead nets snagged, torn and draped over the wrecks

Thought for the day:

Comment

too much diesel Dave ......... 180 ltrs is two tank fulls ???????? (for us)
                  I worked our we can make it easily on 90ltrs ??????
                  ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                  . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                  ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

I take it your back from Gran Canaria old boy . Their engine is a 150hp VW diesel and they must of hammered it . Still going thru the learning curve I think .

Comment

hahah yup Dave, when does the learning curve end? i`m looking forward to it LOL
                      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Welcome back Norman

Comment

We are in chat rich

Comment

Hope you had a good holiday, Norman

Comment

Great week off , sun sand and sea ....... cheers lads (and lasses)
                              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Working...
                              X