Fishing Marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Marks

Whist the weather has been crap I have been doing some homework and I have got loads of wreck co-ordinates from the Comprehensive Guide to Shipwrecks of the North East Coast and they are ready to load into my plotter. (If anyone wants a copy of my spreadsheet with the marks between the Wear and Tyne just ask). That bit sorted I wondered if anyone had any fishing marks which aren't wrecks which they could recommend.

I like to have a go for flatties and any other fish that doesn't live on or around a wreck doesn't matter how big or small. Any help would be appreciated.
    A bad day's fishing is better than a good day at work

The first mark out the Tyne north pier would be the area just north of the pier on a sunny day, tide just starting to flood over sand/mud for plaice either drifting or anchored.
    Heading north, off the church off Tynemouth beach, rough ground for codling, pouting, coalies etc: either use a sounder, or fish near any pot dahns which would indicate rough ground, all the way to St, Mary's lighthouse and beyond.
    The ground I fish regularly, is the area around the yellow can (buoy) about a mile off Whitley beach for cod, wrasse, pollock, pout, etc: mainly any round fish. Arthur
    Last edited by canman; 05-04-2013, 07:42 PM.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

[QUOTE=Safetyman;539584]I have got loads of wreck co-ordinates from the Comprehensive Guide to Shipwrecks of the North East Coast ...../QUOTE]

Good luck, the coordinates given are precise but not always accurate. The wrecks if they are there can be a little distance from their reported position.

The areas that Arthur mentioned are a good bet. Further out there is rocky ground six miles east of Tynemouth pier that offers a long drift.
      South shield pier throws up some good plaice so the back of there would be a good bet, or if you want dabs, try close in to Blyth beach in only 20ft of water.

Comment

Working...
      X