No announcement yet.

Another day on northstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep puting the reports up jim makes good reading on the forum and the lads love there mug shots up there.

paul.
    Last edited by big cod; 17-03-2014, 02:37 PM.
    http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Comment

Sorry to stick my nose in here again but just wanted to also give full support to Jim and keep on putting up the reports, I enjoyed the read.

The forum is getting proper bitchy lately
      Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
      CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

[QUOTE I am passionate about literature and theatre and I also do it for a living, that doesn't then negate me from being passionate.

I've been reading the various responses and wow, this has sure stirred up a hornets nest although the skipper should take comfort that he's had so much support. One thing that made me laugh was the comment from one member that Drifter's blog was "pompous tosh". However, that same member then waded in with the above comment which certainly deserves a gold medal for pompous tosh.

Comment

Originally posted by big cod View Post
          I love these dogooders dont have the slightest incling as what size codling trawlers land i suggest you go down to any fish market and have a look every one of those fish on jims photo are legal and beleive me look a lot bigger than boxes upon boxes of tid codlings i seen been have landed commercially if you are worried about fish stocks the seal population off this coast probably eats 1000 times more cod than all the anglers on the northeast coast catch in a year they have exploded massively in population and are all eating machines welcome to the real world.

paul.
          Thats my favourite one !!

And the naughty porbeagles not to forget, Mr. Big Cod !!
          Last edited by Guest; 17-03-2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I agree with Drifter about needing to protect our sport from its many threats including potential restrictions by MCZ, that’s something which needs all of our support. The way I read it, even Jim, North Star’s skipper suggests the same when he carefully measures the smaller fish that any party want to keep and is selective about what he takes.

As Drifter says, the camera can give a distorted view but not all of the fish look to be a size he would keep.
            Drifter, like Jim is lucky that because he fishes often enough that he can be selective about the size limit he keeps and what goes back. Lads fishing less frequently may want to keep more of their catch which as long as they are legally size then comes down to personal preference and varies with circumstances.

It’s a shame the thread drifted off into personal digs and seal hunts, we all have other battles to fight. Keep posting Jim and Drifter, and keep fighting together for our sport.

Comment

maybe it was just that the lads in the pic were well padded out (ha ha) which made the fish look smaller, simply an optical illusion. or is it an optic illusion. whatever.
              •Secretary not permanent fixture until screwed on top of desk
              Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
              :man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day

PB COD 22LB (BOAT) Grafter h'pool
              LING 21LB (BOAT) Esmeralda h'pool
              CONGER 30LB (BOAT) IOM
              THORNBACK RAY 13LB (BOAT) ULLAPOOL
              COD 12LB PIER(middleton)
              CARP 30LB CANADA
              PIKE 25LB SCOTLAND

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1n View Post
                I agree with Drifter about needing to protect our sport from its many threats including potential restrictions by MCZ, that’s something which needs all of our support. The way I read it, even Jim, North Star’s skipper suggests the same when he carefully measures the smaller fish that any party want to keep and is selective about what he takes.

As Drifter says, the camera can give a distorted view but not all of the fish look to be a size he would keep.
                Drifter, like Jim is lucky that because he fishes often enough that he can be selective about the size limit he keeps and what goes back. Lads fishing less frequently may want to keep more of their catch which as long as they are legally size then comes down to personal preference and varies with circumstances.

It’s a shame the thread drifted off into personal digs and seal hunts, we all have other battles to fight. Keep posting Jim and Drifter, and keep fighting together for our sport.
                Kevin you are indeed the Henry Kissinger of Nesa and you make a valid point about the frequent boat fishermen having the luxury of being discerning with the size of their keepers.

Comment

Working...
                X