Litter at Cullernose Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Litter at Cullernose Point

As a result of rubbish being left by a small minority of Recreational Sea Anglers and others in North Northumberland.

Amble Sea Angling Club in conjunction with Northumberland Inshore Fisheries & Conservation Authority,
    Supported by, Berwickshire & North Northumberland Coast European Marine Site, Northumberland Coast AONB Partnership.
    and The Howick Estates.

Will be holding a litter pick at Cullernose Point Howick on 17th August between 12noon and 3pm.
    Appropriate equipment, bags gloves and pickers are kindly supplied by Northumberland County Council.

This is open to anyone, meeting at Cullernose Point itself, between 12noon and 3pm.

Les Weller Secretary Amble Sea Angling club

“Cullernose Point lies within an internationally important marine conservation site, which is protected because of its stunning marine habitats, plants and animals. It’s great to see the anglers working in partnership with the Northumberland Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority and other organisations to help protect the area from litter.”
    Claire Hedley – Implementation Officer for the Berwickshire and North Northumberland Coast European Marine Site.

Mike Hardy CEO of the Northumberland IFCA said
    "We are pleased to be part of this joint initiative proposed by ASAC. Cullernose point lies in the middle of the NIFCA district, within the Howick Estate. It is an important site foe Recreational Sea Anglers, Local walkers and visitors . recreational Sea Angling is an important part of the NIFCA remit as enshrined in its Recreational Sea Angling Strategy"

Whitley bay have a match this Sunday around this area.
    PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
    PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
    PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
    PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

just a point I would like to make, whenever there is a post about litter being left whether isle of Man, The Mull or local marks the condemnation of those responsible goes on for page after page, but here is Amble AC trying to clean up some of their mess before venues are lost and no posts, I hope some of you are going to go and help.
      Alan

Comment

just a note i was fishing there 2 weeks ago and i was the only local fishing the other 4 or so were holiday makers maybe a pick up your litter sign might help or might not ,,jam

Comment

Working...
        X