This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excellent service

seen an advert in trout fisherman for any greys grxi rod, grxi reel and three grxi lines for £175 thought it was a bit of a bargain and decided to buy one . now I dont like using my cards on the net so popped into frasers with the advert and asked if they could match it they said the other shop were giving them away and the best they could do it for was £180 wasnt going to argue with that and handed my cash over moral is support your local tackle shop

good on ya mate, i got a simelar setup from frasiers in whitley, much better than the net, use it or lose it guys!

having said that i do buy loads of stuff off the net!!!

............tom
    gettin a rod for wor lass, should be a good swap!

Comment

Did you ask for your 10% Nesa discount They usually do a deal anyway and always if you're a NESA member. Good tackle shop from the shop floor up IMHO. Great range of gear for sea, game and that other type of angling. Never had really bad worm from there. Can blether if you want or stroll around keeping schtum without someone haversacking you.
      "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
      Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

I agree,

Frasers is the best retailer in the area, from all points of view.

AND he knows what the 'online/mail-order' firms are offering so he can compete as closely as possible.
        After all he started off from a garage unit at 'Eighton Banks' , advertising in the angling press and selling strictly 'Mail-Order'

Plus, he's got Mark Armstrong of 'Howes Fishing' and Sunday Sun fame working for him - a very well respected game angler.

I shall certainly continue to give them my support. As someone just said 'Use-em or Lose-em'

BUT, for capital equipment, very few local retailers can compete with 'The Net' - FACT!

Let's hope both aspects of supply continue to flourish.

Cheors,

Drof.

Comment

there a bit expensive in my experience ...
          Goal for 2012 a 30lber
          http://www.bullrushlake.com/

Comment

Aye, but the 'asking price' is ownly the starting point.

As someone said earlier, if you know what you acn get it for elsewhere, you can 'haggle' and, if not successful gan to your original supplier.

I know that very often, they cannot compete with the net, but if I've got the time, I don't mind giving them the opportunity to try.

Billy's at N.S. is also a good dealer: same applies.

Tight lines,

Drof.

Comment

have used frasers since they opened and they have always tried to match or beat any offers others are doing . I would rather they got my hard earned cash and drof is right you can haggle if you dont like the price and they dont hold it against you if you go else where . I could of had free delivery on the net but would of had to wait for it to come and if iam at work have the hassle of going down to collect when I miss the delivery

Comment

Yep got a cracking deal on me studded neoprene waders and I happened to mention NESA site and they gave me 10% discount on top. I find them spot on as when i've bought me worm from them they've been up front if the worm was not so good before i bought. Not like some I can mention.

Top shop with top lads who can give some good free advice aswell.
                “There are them That Know, them That Don't Know and them That Don't Know They Don't Know "

Comment

Originally posted by pistol View Post
                  Yep got a cracking deal on me studded neoprene waders and I happened to mention NESA site and they gave me 10% discount on top. I find them spot on as when i've bought me worm from them they've been up front if the worm was not so good before i bought. Not like some I can mention.

Top shop with top lads who can give some good free advice aswell.
                  I recently went to the tackle shop in Morpeth and bought a few bits and pieces totalling about £15, when I asked about the 10% discount for NESA members I was told that unless I could prove that I was a member I couldn`t have the discount. How can I prove that I am a member without logging into the website?

Comment

Discount

In these days of 'econpmic crisis' and strong competition, I'm sure you'll find that most retailers will offer discount if aked, with 10% being the minimum, regardless of whether you are a member of any club or organisation.

Frasers certainly do. All you have to do is ask 'nicely'.

The fact that that the 'Morpeth' company which you mentioned, will not, doesn't bode well for their economic future especially when their shortcomings have been published on sites such as this.

Cheors,

Drof

Comment

Drof

I am the owner of the Morpeth company and our customer service is second to none as our customers will testify. If you look on here and many other forums you will hear that we have excellent customer service. Also look on our website and eBay shop to see the level of customer service we provide. Have you ever used us? Have you ever been in the shop? Before you unjustifiably start pulling peoples livelihoods and businesses to pieces, try doing a bit of research first

Kentish Bashman

All you have to do is mention your username to the member of staff. You dont need to log onto the website to prove you are a member. We get quite a few NESA members (and other forum members) in the shop and thats all they do. If you can PM me with details of the member of staff I will take the necessary action. Also PM me your address and I will pop something in the post for you

Best Wishes
                      Ian Woods
                      Managing Director
                      Game Fishing Supplies Ltd
                      Last edited by Grommit; 28-05-2009, 10:07 PM. Reason: Typo
                      www.ian-woods.co.uk

Comment

NOW thats what i call an excellent customer service Ian, well done, thats the kind of thing that keeps a good name in the trade
                        FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Thanks Jimmy, we aim to please!

For those who cant get to the shop and want to order online, they can quote the code

NESA612 (and your username)

in the special instructions section of our website and we will deduct 10% off the order

If you cant find what you want on the website, just phone. We stock over 4000 products and are still adding them to the site
                          Last edited by Grommit; 28-05-2009, 10:28 PM.
                          www.ian-woods.co.uk

Comment

Sounds like someone dropped a bollock though Ian when the NESA discount was mentioned on that particular occasion and drof was merely commenting on that!

I would like to add that I have had excellent service from your shop with on-line purchases and know that your business and you personally have a fantastic reputation, well deserved.
                            "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
                            Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

Hi Charlie

I totally agree that a bollock has been dropped by a member of staff, an issue that will be dealt with by 9.05 this morning. It isnt usually a problem as members of various forums regularly get their discount in the shop, but all staff will be reminded of the procedure for forum members to gain their discount. Once I know which individual concerned dropped the bollock, he will be dealt with on a seperate basis

What I did object to was being told that my companies attitude didnt bode well for its economic future and that my companies short comings were now being highlighted. That to me is basically a slur on my good company name and it is only natural that I will defend my company that I have worked hard to build to be one of the largest in the country. Anyone who knows us will know that we can do some excellent deals on tackle, clothing, etc

A mistake was made, I dont deny that, and I would rather know when something has gone wrong as I want every customer to be happy and I cant put things right if I dont know about them. If the customers arent happy, then I am not. After all, who hasnt ever made a mistake during their working life? We are human and mistakes will happen, but to me what is important is how you deal with them and put them right. Service doesnt just start and end with a sale, it is important to follow it up with good after sales service to

Thanks for the kind comments to Charlie, much appreciated
                              Last edited by Grommit; 29-05-2009, 04:50 AM.
                              www.ian-woods.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X