life time warranty's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye, Whey,

As I've already said, the 'By Royal Appointment' logo (on any item) is synonymous with 'Overpricing' and 'Poor Service'.

In short, it's a license to fleece the customer (and it works) BUT 'The Customer' is wising up to the scam.

Tight lines,

Drof

Comment

Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee

For this ULG to become effective, you must register with us within 21 days of purchase. To ensure immediate cover we recommend using the registration form on the Hardy website. You will receive an e-mail confirming your registration when complete. Alternatively you should register by post or fax using the attached card. We are not able to send individual confirmations for post or fax registrations.
      • The ULG applies to the original owner only. It is given in addition to your statutory rights under the laws of England and Wales.
      • The ULG applies only to all new and current Hardy Limited carbon fibre rods purchased from an authorised Hardy dealer effective January 2002.
      • The ULG does not cover intentional breakage or ordinary wear and tear.
      • A handling charge will apply per section per claim.
      • Hardy & Greys Limited reserves the right to alter the handling charge without prior notice or warning.
      • Please check with Hardy & Greys Limited or your local dealer for handling charge current at time of claim

Took this off the Hardy website - am i right in thinking should you damage ,lets say, the top ,and second top sections of ,lets say in this case Slesser`s travel rod

Hardy will charge you for two parts of your rod ???

and here was me thinking they were Customer Centric ,the profit they must make V`s returns must surely out way any loss of reputation within Angling Circles

Comment

well their reputation is right down the swanny with me
        brian
        you know how much ive spent on hardy gear
        and to be charged £50 just for a top section of rod
        well its the last time i ever use them

sless

Comment

its not like its cheap gear aswell i would try a different brand mate...
          Goal for 2012 a 30lber
          http://www.bullrushlake.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
            interesting thought just occurred to me. With all the newer stuff they are churning out, the small print is there about the handling fee and that, bit crap but there you go.

wonder where you'd stand legally, if you have a Hardy rod bought say, 20 years ago, with a lifetime guarantee, when they were a respectable company and would indeed swap stuff out/repair or whatever, with no charges involved, and need to get it repaired, would they try stiff you or just do the decent thing

suspect they'd try stiff you for a few quid, but might be an interesting one to challenge them with. I've got a Hardy favourite, late 80's proper alnwick rod, paperwork is pretty clear on what the guarantee states.

mind you, its probably never likely to break as they were built proper back then

as for Greys stuff, still got a couple of rods but won't ever buy from them again, last thing I had was a prodigy carp rod, snapped in the same place 4 times, didn't even get it replaced the last time, bough a cheapo carp rod for a tenner off ebay and its been bomb proof!
            Interesting point Re. rods built a while ago versus the 'new' guarantee.

I badly smashed an 'Orvis' which was out of production by then.

The company offered me FOUR rods from their latest catalogue from which I was to selct the replacement.

It arrived within 24hours. NEE CHARGE WHATSOEVER!

Cheors,

Drof

Comment

Working...
            X