No announcement yet.

Any truth in the rumour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was told that the bloke who owned it had some great ideas for it but just got nothing but opposition from the people living near by. He put up a new fence I know.
    My mate Stan took me there a few year back and we just fished floating plugs because of the weed but we landed pike to 8 lb.
    I was kneeling down changing my plug and watched some very big carp swim by just a couple of feet from me.
    It's quite sad what has happened. I know the kids used to kill the pike and there was once one found stuck on a tree!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimk2 View Post
      Barmston pond was polluted and subsequently all the fish died. Some were rescued and taken elsewhere.
      I seen big carp dead, some huge eels and a few small pike.
      It is for sale now and looks lifeless with no signs of fish.
      hello lads, am no expert, but if you take fish from a polluted waterway and release into another, is that not cross polluting.
      it's a crying shame about barmston, let's hope qe gains from it.
      good luck.

Comment

That's a fair point Davey, I think it could of been down to oxygen depletion so the rescued fish could of been relatively healthy

Comment

only ever caught roach in the few times i took the kids but seen my mate catch some nice tench, heard there was pike there but never seen any caught and the big carp were known about at least 15 years ago, it was a well kept pond when newalls had there offices there back in the day but was private then, also flatties as they sucked river water out of the wear to use as cooling water for part of the plant when needed, aye big shame as could have been a cracking venue, heard he was going to build a log cabin and live there so all ways on site so to speak.

Comment

I had pike out of Barmston to 13lb seen pike also 17lb and 21lb and rob has carp in his small fishery what he saved about 20lb and 1lb such a shame what happened had good potential
            Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Piggy Backing on this thread,

But the guy who owns Barmston Pond (its now known as Willows Reservoir) can be seen on youtube when the EA stock it for him, Nice,

He bought it to fish it as a Pike/Trout fly fishery (very forward) BUT couldn't get permission (local/council/etc)

He tried to sell it £45000, (check the Internet) as a specimen Pike Lake but no,

Its a nice pond, but the Poles have nailed all the decent Carp!

Comment

Originally posted by johnny h View Post
                Piggy Backing on this thread,

But the guy who owns Barmston Pond (its now known as Willows Reservoir) can be seen on youtube when the EA stock it for him, Nice,

He bought it to fish it as a Pike/Trout fly fishery (very forward) BUT couldn't get permission (local/council/etc)

He tried to sell it £45000, (check the Internet) as a specimen Pike Lake but no,

Its a nice pond, but the Poles have nailed all the decent Carp!
                any links, what was stocked?

Comment

Live right next door to barmston pond - once upon a time it was a great little fishery, though completely run down.
                  Once Rob took it over he intended to turn it into a pike/trout fishery but opposition from council/MPs/Locals all but scuppered the chances. Was a shame as Rob had plenty of plans to tidy it up.

Unfortunately it ended up polluted - heard a couple of reasons including a combination sewage pipe bursting and seepage from the roads containing high levels of salt from the gritters in winter. But it pretty much killed everything in there so i doubt anything has been transferred from it recently. Pollution was at least 6 or 7 years ago. Lakes completely barren now - the lake bed is completely ruined as well so if any one does take it on, it'll take a fair sum if they want to restore it. And that is if they manage to get permission!

Shame as there were some huge pike and carp.
                  Liam

Comment

Working...
                  X