No announcement yet.

pike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres a few piccys of some pike i\'ve had, some from well known waters others from less well known. best advice i can give is get the ordinance survey map out and try some little fished waters (believe it or not there are waters out there that have never seen an angler for years) for some great sport. just came back today after a two day stint on a very quiet loch, great sport (28 jacks to 5lb) nothing big this time but still great sport.

Comment

nice pike micky,me and my mates are off to loch ken in mid may hope to get pike like yours, i fished the qe2 a few weeks ago NOWT not even a touch we did see a canny ghost carp about 4 or 5lb ,do you still go down rutherfords.

Comment

TOP PICS MICK !!!! well done !
        you could smile though !
        bert
        Cheers Bert

Comment

excellent fish Micky
          Cheers Alan...

Comment

excellent fish,but why look so scared,or are they that heavy?

Comment

he\'s probably sick of catching tiddlers
              Cheers Alan...

Comment

the fish in the piccys range from 9lb to 23lb 12oz.
                i look like that in the pics because if i smile it always looks like a stupid smirk on photos.
                pity all the pike weren\'t that size, got to wade through many many jacks to get those ones. the waters i tend to fish the most are very prolific numbers wise but not many big girls. they are there but you need to put a lot of hours on the bankside to get the biggies, makes it all the more satisfying when they do come along. i\'m not really into the numbers game, just enjoy being out there, sure i\'d rather catch a twenty than a jack but i still enjoy even the fishless days, so much wildlife etc to watch on those remote lochs.

Comment

Great pictures of some fine fish, but please be more careful when posing with fish. On some of the photos the fish are held horizontally resulting in extreme bends to their bodies, this can lead to damage of their internal organs and ultimatly the pikes death!
                  The Pike Anglers Club has warned anglers of this danger in the past. I am sure you care passionately about your fishing and hope you dont mind me bringing this point to your attention.

Comment

welcome to NESA crabcatcher, enjoy

FreshWaterCrabCatcher
                    "Some Times You Win, Some Time The Fish Wins, Thats Why It's Called Fishing, Not Catching"!
                    Tight Lines,
                    jonny mc

Comment

a pic of semerwater when a mate of mine was fishing there last winter

Comment

That\'s a nasty skin complaint he\'s got Pete
                        "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
                        Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

pete did you catch anything when you were there
                          MICKY.S.

Comment

Great pictures of some fine fish, but please be more careful when posing with fish. On some of the photos the fish are held horizontally resulting in extreme bends to their bodies, this can lead to damage of their internal organs and ultimatly the pikes death!
                            The Pike Anglers Club has warned anglers of this danger in the past. I am sure you care passionately about your fishing and hope you dont mind me bringing this point to your attention.
                            i\'m in the tyneside branch of the PAC, if the PAC has issued such guidelines its a new one on me, in fact i have just read a report that suggests that holding a fish in a vertical position is the most harmful.( i would like to view any hard evidence proving that one particular way of holding a pike is more harmful than another, if anyone has this please foreward it on to me) i have many repeat captures so i know the vast majority of my fish live to fight another day.
                            heres a link to the website of the pike angling club of great britain
                            http://www.pacgb.co.uk/
                            always follow the advice on this site if piking a lot of time and effort has gone into it.
                            another excellent site for pikers is the pike and predators website
                            http://www.totalcoarsefishing.com/
                            it has an excellent forum which is where i tend to lurk when not on nesa.
                            one golden rule to remember when piking
                            minimum handling = maximum conservation
                            this is especially important during the warmer months when disolved oxygen levels are at their lowest and thus make the pike much more vulnerable. unhook, quick pic then back.

Comment

i thought you would know your stuff micky

well done
                              i wouldnt mind a tripopiking myself
                              ive been a few time but had nowt decent

sless

Comment

Mick fancie not smiling on your pics, i hate people that dont smile on the pics lol Yer great pics and i would be over the moon with a 5lb jack as i have never caught a pike...mind never fished for them lol but really want to try.

Comment

Working...
                                X