Abuse / Advice (Rannoch/Tummel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abuse / Advice (Rannoch/Tummel)

Am going up there late march early april for a week. I\'ve got some fly gear, a couple of 9ft 6/7 rods loaded up with stuff. Sinking and floating squirty bottles and a few hundred fluffy things. If i can get a few lessons in before they may be an option. I\'ll be the only adult there so a boat is probably out of the question. Any advice for a complete novice on what I should try?

A more realistic option for me is spinning, I\'ve got rods and reels suitable. The species available between the 2 lochs are Trouty things (Xerox trout can be caught there, supposedly they\'re bigger than normal trout because they enlarge themselves on photocopiers) and Pike (\"Don\'t tell \'em your name Pike\") What lures spinners techniques etc should I try? Cheers all thanks

Mr. I. C. Elliott (You know what the C stands for!)

Oh no, so am I
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Get In! :P

Watch the back of your neck for flies.

[Edited on 14/3/2005 by Ell]

Hey we\'ll have to team up Sparky I\'ll keep you posted. I\'m sure you\'d like a break from the Iron Age Roundhouse. we\'ve got hot water 2CB ayahuasca and that! :P

[Edited on 14/3/2005 by Ell]

Comment

so you _actually_ goin up there then.....

where ya stayin?

Thought for the day:
        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Comment

In a Posh caravan on a posh site on loch tummel, I\'ll get the details off our kid mark.

Comment

Tummel Valley Holiday Park

[Edited on 19/3/2005 by Ell]

Comment

sorry

[Edited on 19/3/2005 by Ell]

Comment

OK helpful post(ish)

tloch rannoch was frozen over 10 days ago but might have thawed, same goes for loch tummel, hope for a warm day, and fish the shallows, you might find the odd fish but I reckon the water will still be too cold and they be way down deep

bestter bet is to fish the river tummel itself. There used to be a free stretch near pitlochry. reckons to be good for early run sea trout and salmon especially with the thaw bringing plenty of fresh water down

flying \'C\'s or small dexters if your spinning

the scots fish are partial to good old proper wet fly patterns - butchers and such like, silver blue and teal etc

Thought for the day:

Comment

Thanks Mark did you get me pm

Comment

Working...
                  X