• Time
  • Show
Clear All

will we book you a bed a cherry knowles
    after the lessons
    hahaha

sless

Comment

I\'ve just got back from camping at Ullswater this w/e & borrowed me dads fly gear (rod,reels & flies) I never got to fish but had a bit of practice on the pitching field on Saturday. Me dad had told me about the \'lacka band\' thing and a few other tips so I thought I\'d just mess around & entertain the campers, LOL
      I was geet surprised to find that after about 15 mins I could put the fly quite accurately onto or next to a piece of paper aboot 20 yards away. Now I\'ve no idea if the distance is good or bad but I felt good, LOL.
      The way I did it was to pull all the light mono & the clear mesh leader through the eyes until only the orange line was in the rings, then I pulled about 8\' of orange line off and cast using the \"10 to 2\" movements I was told to use.
      Once I\'d cast all the line out I\'d let off, I tried to pull more off while keeping the fly in the air but thats when I hit trouble most of the time
      The tip of putting the butt up ya sleeve sounds great. Belta tip that.
      I\'ll definately catch my 1st Trout this season
      I\'d be really interested in lessons if anyone knows of a tutor!

OOPS! just noticed Terry W, LOL sorry Terry nice to cya on the forums again

[Edited on 28/3/2005 by Andy]
      I treat others as I expect to be treated myself and expect to be treated the same way!

Comment

Terry you dont need to be good when teaching just patient - and i always read books - and yes i can cast Sless

Edited until 11:15ish tonight - Then look in the Shore fishing

[Edited on 28/3/2005 by BriH]

Comment

Use a relatively heavy single fly when you are just starting gives your confidence a boost. Then work up to two flys and some clever buggas actually use THREE.
          Alan

Comment

Working...
          X