Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fly season about to start, where are you going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmy View Post
    Hi Ali, is ray or the kids into fluff chucking as well, congrats on the 4 you caught,well done Ali
    Just me and thats the way its staying! I was pleased about getting four as I had a late start - a meeting for work meant that I didnt reach Chatton till later in the morning than I would have liked.

I love tying flies too! Hadnt expected to get into that too Have a look at my thread about my adventures at the Glasgow Angling Centre open weekend

Ali
    Last edited by pottsy; 04-03-2012, 11:31 AM.
    UKCC Level 2 Game Angling Coach

Comment

Originally posted by pottsy View Post
      Just me and thats the way its staying! I was pleased about getting four as I had a late start - a meeting for work meant that I didnt reach Chatton till later in the morning than I would have liked.

I love tying flies too! Hadnt expected to get into that too Have a look at my thread about my adventures at the Glasgow Angling Centre open weekend

Ali

nice 1 Ali, so whats ya fav fly to tie?
      FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
        Had a walk around Tunstall reservoir today with the family. Is the place a private syndicate?. Saw the hut which is still locked up,guessing it has an honesty box.
        Mick.
        Aye it's syndicate water now I used to love fishing that reservoir, and I don't see why I should have to join a club to fish it

Comment

langley dam

cheers seddo will defanitly try langley dam mate sounds like a good day and well done on your catch

Comment

Non of your easy peasy stocky bashing for me. Will be pitting my wits against the wily brownies and grayling on the river Blyth.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie View Post
              Non of your easy peasy stocky bashing for me. Will be pitting my wits against the wily brownies and grayling on the river Blyth.
              Where abouts up the river are good marks mate if you don't mind me asking, just I've always been intrigued by the river but never actually fished it.

Comment

I fish the Belasis stretch where the humpy back bridge is. Lots of fast runs and deep pools. Not easy fishing especially at the height of summer when the nettles are 6 foot high. However really enjoyable for a couple of hours with a light fly rod and a couple of nymphs. Fish aren't big but its a thrill hooking one. All mine go back. Need to be a member of Seaton Burn Club to fish.
                Still enjoy a day at Caistron or Langley for some easier fishing.

Comment

Cheers for info mate

Comment

Working...
                  X