No announcement yet.

More help. Ha ha.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15/55gms casting wieght is a bit heavy for your hp lures , need to you need to go lighter to get the most out of your lighter lures ,

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
      Leaders?
      I've read about fluorocarbon and mono leaders. Or can I just tie a lure on the end of my braid?
      All the gear, no idea.

Comment

I always use a clear leader of about 8-10ft. I persaonlyl use mono but fluorocarbon is probably a better alternative. Braid tends to be easier to see by the fish hence a clear length of leader. Braid has no stretch either an is a bit like cheese wire if you pull it when snagged. The mono also allows you to snap off a snagged lure that's not coming back without loosin expensive braid
        "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
        PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

I always use a clear leader of about 8-10ft. I persaonlyl use mono but fluorocarbon is probably a better alternative. Braid tends to be easier to see by the fish hence a clear length of leader. Braid has no stretch either an is a bit like cheese wire if you pull it when snagged. The mono also allows you to snap off a snagged lure that's not coming back without loosin expensive braid
          Cheers. I was wondering if that was what it's used for. What's the difference between mono and fluro then? This is starting to feel worse than when I took up fishing.

My grauvell is loaded with ultima power braid 20lb. I've got a spool of 12lb there as well.
          All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by sammy talbot View Post
            15/55gms casting wieght is a bit heavy for your hp lures , need to you need to go lighter to get the most out of your lighter lures ,
            Nice one mate. I'll look for something lighter.
            All the gear, no idea.

Comment

I use a leader, only about 3-4ft mainly as a rubbing leader to stop the braid getting damaged on rocks. I tie a loop in the end of the braid and attach a small clip that clips onto a swivel on my leader, this saves both time and any bad mono to braid knots
              Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
              http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
              http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Braid is fine straight to lure for your coaly and macky imo but for pollock and wrasse I would use a fluro leader a few lb b.s. less than the braid. But that will depend on the set up you use. I use the same method as shad fishing off the boats. Braid to 3-way swivel little snap link for a max of 1oz lead with a fluro trace 4 ft long with your selection of lure ;-);-)

Comment

Forgot to say m8 The last method I described is what I used to catch the codling in me avatar ;-);-)

Comment

Originally posted by Nooo Fish View Post
                    Cheers. I was wondering if that was what it's used for. What's the difference between mono and fluro then? This is starting to feel worse than when I took up fishing.

My grauvell is loaded with ultima power braid 20lb. I've got a spool of 12lb there as well.
                    No idea of the difference mate, its fairly simple stuff... Load reel with braid and tie a few feet of mono leader to the end and your good to go. It really is much much better than mono for lure fishing
                    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

No idea of the difference mate, its fairly simple stuff... Load reel with braid and tie a few feet of mono leader to the end and your good to go. It really is much much better than mono for lure fishing
                      Fluro is more resistent to abrasion and has similar refractive property's as water so vertuly disappears

Comment

Thanks Sammy.
                        All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Working...
                        X