Savage gear sandeels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savage gear sandeels

Has anyone used the savage gear sandeels for pollock.
    How did they do, any good ?

Thanks Bigfoot.

Got some the other week m8 ya can use jig head or just the hook not tried them yet but I will be in couple of months ;-);-)

Comment

I like the look of the ones with the lead heads, £6 for 1 lead head and 2 eels, might end up being an expensive couple of casts.

Bigfoot.

Comment

i tried them last year,
        had a few fish, plus a few hits
        rubbers not that strong
        teeth marks nearly through the main body from one good hit
        Species 2015 - Cod, Bass, Flounder, Dab, LS Sea Scorpion
        Species 2014 - Coalfish, Codling, Dab, Lobster, Weaver, LS Sea Scorpion, Flounder, Barracuda (Gran Canaria)
        Species 2013 - Flounder, Whiting, Codling, Coalfish, pollack, dab, eel, Mackeral, Launce, eel pout, blenny, LS Sea Scorpion, Butterfish, Thin Lipped Mullet, thick Lipped Mullet, Gilt Head Bream, Black Bream, Yet to be identified Mediterainian Wrasse, Bass

Comment

I just bought a set last week but yet to use them

Comment

They the dogs bollocks my biggest pollock
            Was took on the savage gear sand eel 8lb 5oz
            CENTURY ELIMINATOR T1200 SGT
            Abu 6500 c3 ct mag
            abu 7000i ct mag

Comment

i was debating whether to get a set of these and that last post has mind my mind up ,im ordering them now

Comment

What size and colours would be best. I don't know what ones are best for when or nowt. My rod casts 10 to 40g.
                All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooo Fish View Post
                  What size and colours would be best. I don't know what ones are best for when or nowt. My rod casts 10 to 40g.
                  Have a look in north east tackle, decent selection and prices look for the one's around 20 gms , natural colours are always a good place to start

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                    Has anyone used the savage gear sandeels for pollock.
                    How did they do, any good ?

Thanks Bigfoot.
                    They are the best I've used, not the cheapest but great on the sink and draw when boat fishing. My fave colours are natural sandeel and black silver.

Comment

I had a few pollock early on with the savage gear eels in a white / pearl colour from the blocks on shields pier. Couldn't catch any on anything else! Cheap as alyanamore has said and do fall apart if well taken but fr that to happen you nee to catch fish so I wasn't that bothered lol
                      "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                      PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
                        I had a few pollock early on with the savage gear eels in a white / pearl colour from the blocks on shields pier. Couldn't catch any on anything else! Cheap as alyanamore has said and do fall apart if well taken but fr that to happen you nee to catch fish so I wasn't that bothered lol
                        You can get glue to repair your soft plastics , it's called mend it ( it's on veals web site) it drys soft unlike super glue

Comment

Originally posted by sammy talbot View Post
                          Have a look in north east tackle, decent selection and prices look for the one's around 20 gms , natural colours are always a good place to start
                          Thanks for that mate. I gonna get some ordered. It's gonna cost me a fortune this lure fishing ha ha.
                          All the gear, no idea.

Comment

The whole aspect of it is addictive , but its a great sport .

Comment

They are excellent for pollock - I use the blue/silver and pearl

they are expensive as already said but amoungst my favorites
                              Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
                              CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

Working...
                              X