Savage gear sandeels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amblecol View Post
    They are the best I've used, not the cheapest but great on the sink and draw when boat fishing. My fave colours are natural sandeel and black silver.

But maybe these will take over soon col

available soon if all goes well

norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

norman, do you make different sized,

or is it all boat gear m8......?

Comment

I use the fladen ones on a weedless setup. Killer when bounced along the bottom!

Comment

Is there much difference in the price .

Comment

To the savage gear make sandeel

Comment

Norman they look the dogs bollocks !!! Ile have some in that colour
              If all goes well
              CENTURY ELIMINATOR T1200 SGT
              Abu 6500 c3 ct mag
              abu 7000i ct mag

Comment

Cheers mate, they're new at the moment (see the website) so want to try them out but no probs I'll let you know when I get to sell some.

Davy1970 just got this size at the moment (42g 16cm and a bigger one about 80g but still in making) but am keep making moulds, what size would you think is required and I'll look at it ?

cheers for comments lads, busy taking from a rudimentary lure to a full quality piece then will release them

your comments and suggestions are more than welcome especially on what you think would go down best in size shape and colour, I'm indebted for the help with this one from amblecol, hopefully he'll give me the all clear when he catches with some ......

cheers

norm
                ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

42g 16cm sound's great norman m8, can you do a silver belly with brown back.....?

send me a pm with price m8.

thanks Davey..

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                    Cheers mate, they're new at the moment (see the website) so want to try them out but no probs I'll let you know when I get to sell some.

Davy1970 just got this size at the moment (42g 16cm and a bigger one about 80g but still in making) but am keep making moulds, what size would you think is required and I'll look at it ?

cheers for comments lads, busy taking from a rudimentary lure to a full quality piece then will release them

your comments and suggestions are more than welcome especially on what you think would go down best in size shape and colour, I'm indebted for the help with this one from amblecol, hopefully he'll give me the all clear when he catches with some ......

cheers

norm
                    Boat goes in two weeks time so they will be tested soon, pretty much a cert they will work Norman. Just have to see what difference colours make, the action of them is spot on - well made!

Comment

Norman I reckon 20-25g would be a killer
                      Especially for the bass lads like my self they
                      Would sell well you I have no droughts about
                      That as for colours I would recommend sand eel
                      Colours also silver /yellow top with orange belly
                      If possible ??? Ile be like a kid in a sweet shop
                      Last edited by Bassfantastic; 30-04-2014, 09:36 PM.
                      CENTURY ELIMINATOR T1200 SGT
                      Abu 6500 c3 ct mag
                      abu 7000i ct mag

Comment

Originally posted by Bassfantastic View Post
                        Norman I reckon 20-25g would be a killer
                        Especially for the bass lads like my self they
                        Would sell well you I have no droughts about
                        That as for colours I would recommend sand eel
                        Colours also silver /yellow top with orange belly
                        If possible ??? Ile be like a kid in a sweet shop

I'll have a look at a 25g model will keep you posted

haha cheers for reply class
                        norm
                        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                          But maybe these will take over soon col

available soon if all goes well

norm
                          They’re looking good Norman. I like the streamlined fit from head to body and the tail gives them a great action. I’d buy some unweighted ones in oranges, white black or silver if you are looking to build a premium brand extension to the SK range.
                          I’ve a lot to learn about lure fishing from boats but do have a bit of history lure fishing from the shore, mainly for pollock and other predatory fish. Here, I prefer unweighted lures and one of the most successful ones is the savage shimmer eels. They only come in natural sandeel colours; for other lures I find orange works well at most depths and red silvers and black work well too. When sport goes quiet on one colour or lure, a switch to a different one soon switches the fish on again.
                          Fly fishing with 1~2inch flies made of dark brown crystal flash have worked very well and even outfished lures at times. They need a lead core line to get deep enough for the better fish in a chuck-and-duck casting style. I’ll have to put the fly rod back on-board and give it a go this year.

Comment

Them sand eels look quality Norman. I'd be interested in some around 25g as well. If I catch with them you'll know they work cos I'm new to lure fishing.
                            All the gear, no idea.

Comment

25g I'm guessing a 4/0 hook and about 11cm long, is that about right? or longer/shorter?

cheers

norm
                              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

12.5 cm is about the average size. Most of my lures are between 10 and 15 cm. From what I can see in the picture it might be worth trying a hook with a shorter shank , think it might give the body more action.

Comment

Working...
                                X