Bad conditions at Fuerteventura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank's for the feedback,

am thinking of fishing them break water's and me m8 say's he'll arrange a boat trip.
    can't wait

thank's again davey

Comment

I was typing the post last night whilst out shooting rats and I couldn't think what the structures were called that protect the beaches, my mind went blank............breakwaters.

It's good fun over there and has more sheltered areas than I found in Fuerteventura. If your going for a few species then the rock pools produce two types of blenny, goby, rock goby and the odd scorpionfish.

Ive only been fishing for a few years so I don't know much about anything but red isome hasn't worked as well for me in the Canaries and Turkey as what Green has. Green seems to get takes easily, I ran out of green on this holiday and struggled on red so much I opened up a new pack of white.
      Out of interest I've taken isome down to the rock pools and all the colours get the mini species interested but the green seems to have them hooked one after the other. They shoot out to look at the red but in my experience they shy away from it and only when it's dragged across the rocks does it catch the odd fish that didn't have time to think about things.

Just an observation lol I like catching new species regardless of size. Last week it took my nearly three hours before I could hook a very small mullet. In the crystal clear water they wouldn't be fooled and I think they could see my 4lb flurocarbon line. At least I caught one in the end I spent hours last year at Costa Tequise harbour trying everything to catch a peacock blenny living in the wall. It would fly out at the isome and different baits but it knew something wasn't right. Very frustrating lol.
      Species 2012.
      Uk. Codling,whiting,

Lanzarote. Scorpionfish,damselfish,red grouper,dusky grouper,red bream,white bream,red snapper,vermillion snapper,ornate wrasse,

Comment

Lovely fish and a interesting read cheers
        KOMPRESSOR SPORT
        PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
        PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
        OKUMA TRIO 55
        YUKI RUBYMAR
        RON THOMPSON TYRON
        SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

cheer's again m8, al certainly keep you posted when a eventually get back out there.

last time a was there along the low harbour jetty, there was load's of baitfish and the odd mullet. but a haven't got the patience for them....!

Comment

The trouble with the harbours is its crystal clear water and the fish just don't get fooled. Last year a lad spent five days trying to get a mullet, I was there when he caught one on his last day and I admire his commitment but I couldn't do it. Even the white bream are hard to catch there yet can be caught at low water in the open sea.
            Species 2012.
            Uk. Codling,whiting,

Lanzarote. Scorpionfish,damselfish,red grouper,dusky grouper,red bream,white bream,red snapper,vermillion snapper,ornate wrasse,

Comment

Great read and excellent pictures, well done!
              Regards
              Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

cheers,
                although the conditions ruined my fishing it is still worth the risk going out there. It cost £410 for two weeks all inclusive in a three star hotel. Now i haven't got much money and just about get by month to month but it cost me £40 plus a tenner in diesel to fish on a boat yesterday. So its cost effective if i look at it that way as taking two weeks off work to fish our coastline would cost a fair bit of money and our weather can ruin fishing just the same.
                Species 2012.
                Uk. Codling,whiting,

Comment

Incidentally those stunning looking ornate wrasse are a total headache in the canaries. They are the mackerel and whiting of the Atlantic lol. It's hard to get past them when either doing LRF or even bigger lures or feather rigs. No two fish have exactly the same pattern and there's no doubt they are the most colourful fish I've caught to date but often you just want to hook something else but they usually don't give you chance.
                  Species 2012.
                  Uk. Codling,whiting,

Comment

hi i fish lanzarote every year from puerto del carmen had some nice sea bass in the past and some decent black bream up to a couple of pounds got my first moray eel fishing from the back off the harbour this year had mullet to over 4 lb in the past but this year was a massive struggle fished 6 days out off 7 and it was the hardest i have ever known it due to the storms they had really struggled to hold bottom on the beaches so tended to fish around the back of the harbour for small stuff catching alot of the species shown here if you want boat fishing there are 3 boats from this harbour check the website sport fishing lanzarote my dad has had tuna over 200lb from these boats

Comment

I passed up the chance to land a marlin off a boat from Lanzarote last year( it's a long story) and have seen some nice rays and barracuda landed. I've had yellowfin myself but only at 33lb. It's the luck of the draw on the boats I've fished on abroad, I've had tuna in Lanzarote and shark in hawaii but whilst I have them listed on my species count I know that the crew caught them I just reeled them in lol.
                      I like Lanzarote and have had 29 species from there so it's been kind to me.
                      Species 2012.
                      Uk. Codling,whiting,

Comment

Originally posted by OuTkast76 View Post
                        Ive fished spanish waters without a licence but been told they are clamping right down!! so unsure whether or no to take my gear to costa del sol or not
                        Just your flip flops, wallet and suncream mate
                        "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                        PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Last year I slipped on the rocks and gashed my right leg, I ended up with my head in the water. It could have been a lot worse I suppose. The year before that i was in Lanzarote hunting rabbits one day with a bloke and his pack of pharaoh hounds when I fell over a dry stone wall and cut my ankle, I got burnt that day as well lol.
                          Species 2012.
                          Uk. Codling,whiting,

Comment

Working...
                          X