No announcement yet.

Pricey bass plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just always thought our coast was more set up for lrf, I know there is bass around as had them on bait but didn't think there was enough to target them with lures.

Comment

The bass fishing isn't prolific but you can do ok. With experience you'll eventually learn a few marks and the best time and tides to fish them. Intertidal hard ground over big tides is a good place to start.

Comment

I wouldn’t advise you to go out and buy a handful of the "best" (most expensive) bass lures, you could spend a lot of money very quickly this way and if your not fishing the right places its a waste of money. I know some who have plenty top of the range lures in there lure bags but will often choose a cheap 2-3 quid lure to fish with (and catch plenty on them). For the price, these savage gear plugs (21g) are hard to beat and I have caught fish on them locally and witnessed plenty fish caught on them.

clearance fishing tackle,fishing tackle,game fishing tackle,sea fishing tackle,fly tying,fly tying materials,coarse fishing tackle,predator fishing tackle,Hunting,Shooting,online store,Glasgow Angling Centre,

I usually pick a more expensive lure to fish with now but still use these now and again. If your just learning different places your bound to loose a few lures along the way also, which I can’t imagine being very fun with some being £20+.

Comment

I think I'm just about sorted now. I'm probably gonna fish with my cheap lures and if something hits it then I'll start fishing the good gear after a few more goes.

And thanks overpar for the komomos. Hope I get something on them.
          All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Philthebag View Post
            Has anyone had anything decent in north east on lures?
            The the best bass I have had of the north east coast was 65cm's sub surface and managed a 60 cm of the top and seen my mate lose a bigger one throwing the hooks as he beached it and the next wave beating him to it.
            As already mentioned , the bass fishing isn't prolific but they are there . My last two season s have been ok but I have been down on north east numbers compared to previous seasons . But you never know we might be due a good year class with the mild winters we have had

Comment

Originally posted by sammy talbot View Post
              The the best bass I have had of the north east coast was 65cm's sub surface and managed a 60 cm of the top and seen my mate lose a bigger one throwing the hooks as he beached it and the next wave beating him to it.
              As already mentioned , the bass fishing isn't prolific but they are there . My last two season s have been ok but I have been down on north east numbers compared to previous seasons . But you never know we might be due a good year class with the mild winters we have had
              Aye, we'll know in a few years if there's a big boom in schoolies.

Comment

Cheers lads opened my eyes a bit, something I am interested at but a extreme novice with plastics

Comment

Working...
                X